The laser comb

Rtown

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success. I noticed what I consider an unusual amount of hairs in the tub after I washed my hair the other day and am scared I might be starting to bald so I was thinking of starting some type of prevention.

I've read some comments on these boards blasting the laser comb but a recent men's health article on hair retention had some very very fine comments about the laser comb.

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think the lasercomb is powerful enough. If I were going to do any form of laser treatment I would consider building my own laser helmet like on overmachogrande.com.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If youre going to try any laser I would go with the Laser Comb. It's the only laser product to be approved by the FDA for male pattern baldness.

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think the exact mechanism to how it works is known. Lasers are known to increase collagen production, reduce inflammation, speed up wound repair.

Anyway while it may be that the lasercomb is the only laser product approved by the FDA it still uses the EXACT SAME lasers as other products that are much cheaper and have more lasers. Check out thelasermax.com for example, they sell a pretty good device with 30 individual lasers for $325 with a stand so you don't have to hold it, while the lasercomb only has 1 laser reflected off a mirror system to break it into 9 beams for the ridiculous price of 545$.

bubka

Reaction score
Jkkezh said:
Anyway while it may be that the lasercomb is the only laser product approved by the FDA it still uses the EXACT SAME lasers as other products that are much cheaper and have more lasers. Check out thelasermax.com for example, they sell a pretty good device with 30 individual lasers for $325 with a stand so you don't have to hold it, while the lasercomb only has 1 laser reflected off a mirror system to break it into 9 beams for the ridiculous price of 545$.
See that is where you are wrong, it is not FDA "approved" it has a "501k clearance" which basically means it uses a device (Red Class A laser) which has already been approved safe by the FDA.