The Itch Is Coming Back, What To Do?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for nearly 6 months now, no real improvement as far as im concerned, i stopped minoxidil in april as well due to sides so im still waiting for my hair to return to baseline. However my crown is really starting to itch again, it's not as bad as it was pre finaseride with the burning feeling as well....which in hind sight i should have known was hair loss and looked at the back of my head otherwise i wouldn't be in the position im in right now. Regardless should i stick it out for another 6 months or switch to dutasteride?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for nearly 6 months now, no real improvement as far as im concerned, i stopped minoxidil in april as well due to sides so im still waiting for my hair to return to baseline. However my crown is really starting to itch again, it's not as bad as it was pre finaseride with the burning feeling as well....which in hind sight i should have known was hair loss and looked at the back of my head otherwise i wouldn't be in the position im in right now. Regardless should i stick it out for another 6 months or switch to dutasteride?

Anyone on finasteride should be doing nothing until at least 1 year or better even 2 years before even considering anything else. You have no idea at 6 months if things will get better or worse from there. The itch does not guarantee or mean anything its all theory crafting.
Short of major sides or a huge major shed just stay the course.