The Importance Of Blood Dht Tests. Flat Curve Myth?

Shazbot

Reaction score
Guys,
Im writing this piece to share an opinion that has long been delving in my mind. And that is that I believe anyone who is truly bent on waging war on male pattern baldness should consider semiregular dht blood tests to determine whether finasteride/dutasteride dosages are doing what they are supposed to do. ie reduce dht, because frankly I dont think the response curves are as flat as everyone purports it to be....

Why do I think this way? Because I've been taking finasteride 1.25mg for nearly 10months, plus dutasteride(avodart brand) for the past 3 months and still felt like Im not getting much gains. So I decided upon a blood test and, believe it or not, my result came out 96ng/dl, which is on the higher end of the reference range. Thats right. 7months of finasteride+3months finasteride+dutasteride, and my dht was still way too high.
So I said, screw it, Im going hardcore mode and upped my intake to 5MG finasteride PLUS avodart daily, 1 month after the test. Additionally, Ive been applying minoxidilmax dualgen 15 plus, which contains 1mg finasteride per ml everyday. Its been 4 months now, and believe it or not, after a very recent test, my dht serum levels have gone down to 48ng/dl, a marked improvement. Please notice that ive suffered absolutely no side effects whatsoever. Still horny as hell, and I can jack it off everyday.

I dont know if Ive been missing something, but seriously guys, if you complain that the meds are doing nothing for you, maybe its because your bodies are plainly producing too much dht to begin with for the standard dosages to take any effect.

REMEMBER TO GET DHT BLOOD TESTS.

PS1: Regarding my hair loss, I've been suffering ever since the teens, with full blown out norwood 7 incoming (after my dad). Not receding but diffuse. I'm still practically bald now @ 31, but holy sh*t my hair, I can see it coming back, slowly, but goddamn it its coming back.

PS2: Meds are both legit, Glaxxonsmithkline avodart, Merck Proscar, both with a prescription.

PS3: I already posted about this before

Shazbot

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing at all. I suspect such symptoms should be tied to dht levels, not medication dosage.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing at all. I suspect such symptoms should be tied to dht levels, not medication dosage.
No, you misunderstand, dht levels dont cause gyno, thought it has an indirect link. This is how it works: DHT is reduced, the body counter by producing more testosterone and hope that 5AR will then be able to convert some T to DHT. In response to the increase in testosterone more aromatase is produced to lower the testosterone by converting it to estrogens, and thus the gyno occurs as a result of the higher estrogen level.

It takes a lot of testosterone to trigger enough estrogen to get gyno, thats why the occurence of gyno on dutasteride is fairly rare compared to anabolic steroids, Dutasteride only increases testosterone by 15-20%, probably more in your case, thats why you were able to maintain a high DHT, your body overcompensated.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also think that we are plainly dosing finasteride wrong. Without finasteride the body might produce too much estrogen out of testosterone instead of dht. Estrogen however has a negative effect on Testosterone production, which can cause a downward spiral and likely lead to sides.

Therefore we should adjust the finasteride dose dynamically based on the last hormone panel every few months.