The Hardest Aspect Of Attaching For Me.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
No matter what contour of tape I try, I don't apply my tape exactly at the hairline - as, well, I'm just not that skilled.

Plus, I don't want to risk getting the tape in my hairline.

That, of course, lends itself to lifting. I used to only use a few pieces of tape on my perimeter, but, to combat the lifting, I decided to tape all the way around, overlapping pieces.

Still, I get lifting, albeit not as much.

My biggest concern with lifting isn't losing the piece or anything (it occurs most when I'm sleeping) but w tufts of hair sneaking under the lace and getting trapped in the glue.

What's recommended?

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_115557429.jpg
    IMG_20191006_115557429.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 219

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
My tape job looks very similar to yours except it's a little closer to the hairline and I put more tape at the very back for a better hold when lying down or taking off shirts (especially at the gym where my piece came off one time when I was taking off my sweaty t-shirt).

The difference is that I'm a daily wearer so if any hair gets under the lace and stuck to the tape I deal with the problem at the end of the day by spraying some rubbing alcohol and getting the hair unstuck.

I'm trying out Walker Super Stick tape right now but I'm not satisfied. The hold is good the first time around but after the first de-re there's some serious lifting and most of the bond seems to be gone. Walker Ultra Hold is so much better in that regard. I can get several de-re's at the hairline before having to replace the tape. It saves me a lot of time and product.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, I'm going to reinforce my back more - that's a good idea. I get the most lifting there...

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My tape job looks very similar to yours except it's a little closer to the hairline and I put more tape at the very back for a better hold when lying down or taking off shirts (especially at the gym where my piece came off one time when I was taking off my sweaty t-shirt).

The difference is that I'm a daily wearer so if any hair gets under the lace and stuck to the tape I deal with the problem at the end of the day by spraying some rubbing alcohol and getting the hair unstuck.

I'm trying out Walker Super Stick tape right now but I'm not satisfied. The hold is good the first time around but after the first de-re there's some serious lifting and most of the bond seems to be gone. Walker Ultra Hold is so much better in that regard. I can get several de-re's at the hairline before having to replace the tape. It saves me a lot of time and product.

how do you de-re's at the hairline with the walker utra hold tape? you apply glue? change the tape?

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
@F.Coronilla I just remove at night from back to front while spraying some rubbing alcohol. Then the next day I re-activate the hold by spraying a mist of rubbing alcohol on the tape and my scalp. Position, attach and press down for about 20 seconds.