The Hairs I Shed Are Thick But Gradually Thin At The Bottom

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of the hair I seem to shed are pretty thick but gradually thin and almost see through to the bulb. I have 2 inch hair and probably 4/5 Of it will be thick and dark and the last 5th is noticeably thinner.

Do u guys think this is miniaturization or some kind of hair cycling? I didn't think miniaturization could happen while the hair is still growing out.

I'm also on month 2 of finasteride and didn't notice this phenomenon pre finasteride

ShanghaiExpat

My Regimen
Reaction score
I freaked out when I discovered this too - and I'm about 2 months into finasteride as well!

You may have noticed an increased shedding of body hair? When you shower, run your hands through your snail trail (the hair beneath your belly button), and see what you can grab. I looked at mine, and they go from almost black to almost white in the last 1-2 inches. This is the same for my chest hairs, belly hairs, eyebrow hairs and even arse hairs. I believe it's completely normal, and you can check your other body hairs to discover the same 'phenomenon'.

Relax man, we're gonna shed a bit, then they will all regrow at the same time. It's been reported by a majority of finasteride users to experience some increased shedding. The growth phase, or anagen phase, lasts an average of 3-5 years. If we didn't lose any extra hairs, results would also take 3-5 years.

Get a shorter hair cut, and stop looking at your hairs.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I freaked out when I discovered this too - and I'm about 2 months into finasteride as well!

You may have noticed an increased shedding of body hair? When you shower, run your hands through your snail trail (the hair beneath your belly button), and see what you can grab. I looked at mine, and they go from almost black to almost white in the last 1-2 inches. This is the same for my chest hairs, belly hairs, eyebrow hairs and even arse hairs. I believe it's completely normal, and you can check your other body hairs to discover the same 'phenomenon'.

Relax man, we're gonna shed a bit, then they will all regrow at the same time. It's been reported by a majority of finasteride users to experience some increased shedding. The growth phase, or anagen phase, lasts an average of 3-5 years. If we didn't lose any extra hairs, results would also take 3-5 years.

Get a shorter hair cut, and stop looking at your hairs.

It's hard not to look at the hairs when I've been shedding drastically more hairs than before i was on finasteride. Yes i have been losing hair all over my body too. Even sides of my head are shedding. My crown is going to sh*t. I really dont see how this drug is benefiting me seeing as it's made my hair considerably thinner in just 2 months time. Most success stories I hear say it completely stopped their shedding, while it has rapidly increased it for me. I'm going to throw in the towel on it soon probably.

ShanghaiExpat

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard not to look at the hairs when I've been shedding drastically more hairs than before i was on finasteride. Yes i have been losing hair all over my body too. Even sides of my head are shedding. My crown is going to sh*t. I really dont see how this drug is benefiting me seeing as it's made my hair considerably thinner in just 2 months time. Most success stories I hear say it completely stopped their shedding, while it has rapidly increased it for me. I'm going to throw in the towel on it soon probably.

My thinking regarding shedding is i'm going that way anyway. If it doesn't slow down the the end result is still the same - a bald head. Let us know if there is any improvement, or if you throw in the towel