The Group-Buy to end 'em all: TDM-105795

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TDM-105795 is a topical Thyroid-Receptor beta-1 agonist currently in clinical trial for hair growth. It is developed by Technoderma, a Chinese company founded by ex-Pfizer employees.
Previous research on such a substance has been, among others, conducted by Pfizer and Ralf Paus' Monasterium Lab
On mice, stump-tailed macaques and human hair follicles showing very promising efficacy and no side-effects or systemic exposure.

It has already cleared the initial human safety trial 1a and the subsequent 1b is currently ongoing in the US.

Its mechanism of action is likely via activation of both WNT and SHH pathways as a consequence of the local Thyroid-b1 agonism. Both are fundamental in themselves for hair growth - but maybe even moreso is their interplay. In mice, SHH activation increased by about 200x (yes, 200 times) and WNT 4x, see following figure.

(left diagram representative for SHH activation, the two right ones for WNT)
View attachment 182975

In human hair follicles such a drug more than doubled the number of anagen (growing, active) hair follicles, see following figure.
View attachment 182976

We also reached out to both parties that conducted the previous research on why it has stopped. Pfizer sold and quit all dermatherapeutic efforts in the wake of the '08 financial crisis and Paus` Monasterium Lab regrettably did not manage to further agree with the substance IP holder - quote from him
"This definitely SHOULD have been pursued [...] and the whole intriguing project got buried due to lack of funding.".

Dosage:
Trial is using 0.01-0.02%. You could use more and you might need 2-6ml depending on usage needs

DM me if you want to participate in the group buy.

Link to previous discussion regarding TDM:
So what have been the results compared to minoxidil?
Is this just a growth stimulant or also hairloss ‘stopper’ (like finasteride)?

Carbons

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently diffuse thinning (and temple receding). The diffuse appears similar to my father, the receding is from my mother. Both my father and I appear to have hyperthyroidism due to nodules on the thyroid, I am however in the early stages.

I am not sure I fully understand agonist in this case, but is there an implication that excess thyroid hormones might be blocked by this and that this may help with hairloss?

edh38

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what have been the results compared to minoxidil?
Is this just a growth stimulant or also hairloss ‘stopper’ (like finasteride)?
Growth stimulant
I am currently diffuse thinning (and temple receding). The diffuse appears similar to my father, the receding is from my mother. Both my father and I appear to have hyperthyroidism due to nodules on the thyroid, I am however in the early stages.

I am not sure I fully understand agonist in this case, but is there an implication that excess thyroid hormones might be blocked by this and that this may help with hairloss?
It's a bit more complicated imo and I don't wanna forecast results for thyroid hair loss. I also got diagnosed with subclinical hyperthyroidism (and have diffuse thinning only) and have hopes for this indication too.

Carbons

My Regimen
Reaction score
Growth stimulant

It's a bit more complicated imo and I don't wanna forecast results for thyroid hair loss. I also got diagnosed with subclinical hyperthyroidism (and have diffuse thinning only) and have hopes for this indication too.
My diffuse thinning is still clearly in the androgenic alpocia areas and worst on the top of my head and the crown, the density is fine on the sides and back. Is yours general thinning as seems to be described as a result of thyroid issues or also in the male pattern baldness areas? And if it's also in the male pattern baldness areas are you considering trying this to see if it has an impact?

Doing a quick search for thyroid and androgenic alopecia all I get are results for general alopecia, no real info suggesting that androgenic alopecia can be worsened or triggered by thyroid issues.