The front part of my translucent super thin skin base is very obviously visible especially in sunlight, (pics attached).

LongJohnTom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to hair systems (first week with it on in fact), other than having my confidence shoot up by about 60% I do still feel conscious about the very top part of my hair system which I believe to be somewhat visible up close in-doors and very visible in outdoors in sunlight. I am not sure if this is just due to the hair system model I got being somewhat defected since I noticed there was a lack of hair in that front area or if all hair systems with translucent bases are like that. The hair system in questions is this model from Lord Hair (pre-cut): Natural Looking Easy Wear Ready to Ship Mens Hair Pieces | Lordhair

Also is there any way to cover this up or to make it seem less apparent? I do push my hair back so I cannot really wear my hair down with this model. I was thinking of maybe folding it over slightly, (the front translucent part of the hair system with the lack of hair follicles) or something like that. However, I do not want to damage this hair system by doing something stupid or potentially harmful to the unit.

In the picture it doesn't look like it is glued down securely but in actuality it is firmly glued down with adhesive. Also it is concentrated to the middle part of the system where it is most obvious, on the sides the translucent base is well hidden. The picture doesn't really showcase the extent of the translucent appearance since it is indoors. Outdoors it does glisten slightly in the sun and becomes much more apparent. I was even thinking of maybe blending it in with makeup or something if that would be a viable option, (my wife would help me out with that).

Any suggestions would help even suggestions of a new hairpiece all-together, although I really do like the look of this one! From searching online I could not find anything relating to blending in the translucent skin base or anything like that. If this is something I just need to deal with I guess I can manage since from a distance it is not apparent and you would really need to hyper focus in on it to tell up close.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210217_131142 (2).jpg
    20210217_131142 (2).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 243

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something is clearly wrong and the base is not bonding completely to your scalp. Did you use scalp protector? Did you allow the bond to FULLY cure in a well cooled room before placing the unit down? It also looks like the base can be cut back just a tad more as well.

LongJohnTom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something is clearly wrong and the base is not bonding completely to your scalp. Did you use scalp protector? Did you allow the bond to FULLY cure in a well cooled room before placing the unit down? It also looks like the base can be cut back just a tad more as well.

Wow thanks for the speedy response!

And yes you hit the nail on that one. I did not wait for the bond to cure before placing on the unit. I overlooked that for my first time and rushed it, had a workout after about 12 hours with it on. I will take note of that next time for sure and update how it goes!

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, I was unimpressed w UTS. The color of the material was off & the v-loops looked ridiculous.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
its just not bonded correctly. you can see on the edge of the hairline where its properly bonded -- the "clear" spaces -- and then where it gets cloudy/whiter, its just not smug against your head. Definitely wait at minimum whatever time it says on the bottle you are using, sometimes longer. It also prevents the glue from running thin/gooey sooner. And most glues you really need to wait 24 hours before working out -- even clear glues IMO. Once it cures initially I have found that it becomes much less compromised in subsequent workouts and extends wear time

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Make suure you are running your finger back and forth along the hairline, or you can use the back of a plastic brush to prevent pulling hairs, to flatten it at all parts. If the glue was evenly applied, it should not be looking like that. With that said I have gotten a lot better over time so be patient with yourself my brother