the foam turns to liquid!!!! after a week!!!!!

djthomas85

Reaction score
hey guys , im gettin a little fustrated!
especially as ive read through this forum and found no other user having the same problem.

after i open a new can of rogaine i spray the foam on the thinnish areas on my scalp, and it comes out of the can as foam.

about a week later it starts dripping out as liquid!!

can anyone shed some light on my situation.
thanks very much!
dave

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I find too after a week that it is a bit more liquidy. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and for me it saves excess foam use as I tend to push too hard to get it out. I apply it directly to my thin areas as opposed to doing the cap or applying to fingers thing.

xracergs

Reaction score
i had the same problem i went thru 2 cans this way..i was tryign to spray the foam directly on my scalp ..however for whatever reason this caused the alot of the gas that creates the foam to be wated...u have to apply it on your hand ythen apply to your head.....

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I still think it's more effective to apply directly to the scalp since it pretty much starts melting by the time you start raising your hand to your scalp to apply it that way. :dunno:

djthomas85

Reaction score
thats certainly what i thought.
do u shake it aswell?

like one of my cans i left, cos it was barely dribbling out, even though it was half full.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I shaked it and it made a little more foam. I just go with it, and find it's actually easier to apply in less sparse areas like part lines than if it were foam. Gently push down a little on it while moving the can along the part or areas of thinning.

G

I'm on my last bottle of liquid minoxidil then i'm moving on to the foam. I'm going to guess that they might have special instructions in how to release the foam, ie. have it slanted downwards or have it faced completely downwards.

djthomas85

Reaction score
last night i got very annoyed, because there is half a cannister left, and nothing would come out at all!

so i had to snap the bloody top off and start fiddling with the nib.

after about 5 minutes of pissing about, i finally got A few dribbles out of the thing which is far from FOAM.

surely there is a remedy here?

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
When you store you bottle of minoxidil foam into the closet, store it up side down. What i think is that the valve doesnt close fully and let the gas escape slowly day by day until approx. no gas left into the bottle. That is what i did with my first bottle, and no problem at all, lots of foam no problem. Try it with your next bottle.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
This is an interesting post. I haven't had a single problem, from first application to bottom of can. Foam all the way. Just started my third can.

G

grabber said:
When you store you bottle of minoxidil foam into the closet, store it up side down. What i think is that the valve doesnt close fully and let the gas escape slowly day by day until approx. no gas left into the bottle. That is what i did with my first bottle, and no problem at all, lots of foam no problem. Try it with your next bottle.

Is this what most of you guys are doing with your foam bottles? hairwegoagain?

djthomas85

Reaction score
so u rekon upside down is the way forward.
i hope your right fella, cos im getting pissed of with this dribble nonsense.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Is this what most of you guys are doing with your foam bottles? hairwegoagain?

Badass - nope, I haven't done anything special. I just throw the bottle in the drawer when I'm done. The unused bottles are in the cabinet below the sink, just sitting there in the original packaging.

Maybe there was a bum lot that went out? If the stuff is unusable, I'd take it back and exchange.

djthomas85

Reaction score
the foam comes out for the first week no problems, but struggles for the next few days after, then all of a sudden nothing!

im gonna try this upside down technique, then im gonna start throwing emails out.

mgmt

Reaction score
I'm only going onto my second can, but can't say I've had a problem so far. I store mine standing upright and in a relatively cool place.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
If you just keep the cap lid on, then surely keeping it upside down or the right way up would make no difference at all, as the gas can't escape if the caps on?

djthomas85

Reaction score
so everytime people use the foam can, they always get foam out as foam?

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
chino20 said:
If you just keep the cap lid on, then surely keeping it upside down or the right way up would make no difference at all, as the gas can't escape if the caps on?

Having the cap on wouldnt be ennough to keep the gas in the bottle it it has a leak IMO... I was aware of the '' No foam'' problem and when i received my 6 Bottles from Ebay, i just decided to store them upside down.
Would having the bottle upside down be any better ? Dont know but one thing i am sure is that you would see some foam or liquid minoxidil in the cap after 8 hours rest into the closet if there was a leak.

Have a nice day.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
djthomas85 said:
hey guys , im gettin a little fustrated!
especially as ive read through this forum and found no other user having the same problem.

after i open a new can of rogaine i spray the foam on the thinnish areas on my scalp, and it comes out of the can as foam.

about a week later it starts dripping out as liquid!!

can anyone shed some light on my situation.
thanks very much!
dave

Have the same problem. The furthest I've gotten is 2/3rd through a bottle before it lost foam then lost all propellant. I've emailed pfizer and they send me a kit to send the bottles back to them, they said they woudl replace them, but haven't as of yet. they also gave me a coupon for a free 1 month supply, though I'm too embarrased to use it :(