the foam success

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ive been on the big three for 23 months now but i didnt start rogaine foam until january of this year

up until then id been on the liquid variety,both kirkland and rogaine

i try not to look at whats going on ,on top of my head much as its bound to send me crazy,however i just took a look now and i have to say im starting to feel that the foam really is doing me a lot of good!

when i started the big three i had miniaturised hair all over the top of my head except for the forelock ,and the temples that had gone.......the liquid along with nizoral and finasteride definitely closed my temples in a little and i was seeing a few new stronger hairs on top (reversal of miniaturisation)

ok ok my point is,i have no doubt the foam is far more effective for turning the weak hairs strong again ,the top of my head is somewhat starting to resemble my hair about 5 years ago when all i had was a receded hairline ,and ive only been on the foam in total about 7 and a half months (ive missed a week here n there)

so to anyone thinking about getting on the foam from the liquid or straight to it i say absolutely yes ,do it...........(note to mention,i did have a MASSIVE shed going from liquid to foam but always figured that was a MASSIVE sign of good things to come)

ramble over :jump:

sunnyone1

Reaction score
Re: and then all of a sudden

Congrats !! This is great news for allof us foam users. Gives me hope

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score

sweet mate. thanks for posting.

I've been on the foam for about 9 weeks and I've not seen much that's excited me. I need to remember that it could be months, right?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

thanks for the update.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

flimflam said:
sweet mate. thanks for posting.

I've been on the foam for about 9 weeks and I've not seen much that's excited me. I need to remember that it could be months, right?

yea definitely,i saw a massive shed about a month into it and that went on for 3 months or so,only now starting to see good signs,the foam definitely has much more of a kick to it :)

G

Congratulations. I once discussed with this Finnish bloke who said he only started seeing gains when he had been on the big 3 for over a year! I guess it just takes longer for some of us.

antonio666

Reaction score

libertine said:
ive been on the big three for 23 months now but i didnt start rogaine foam until january of this year

up until then id been on the liquid variety,both kirkland and rogaine

i try not to look at whats going on ,on top of my head much as its bound to send me crazy,however i just took a look now and i have to say im starting to feel that the foam really is doing me a lot of good!

when i started the big three i had miniaturised hair all over the top of my head except for the forelock ,and the temples that had gone.......the liquid along with nizoral and finasteride definitely closed my temples in a little and i was seeing a few new stronger hairs on top (reversal of miniaturisation)

ok ok my point is,i have no doubt the foam is far more effective for turning the weak hairs strong again ,the top of my head is somewhat starting to resemble my hair about 5 years ago when all i had was a receded hairline ,and ive only been on the foam in total about 7 and a half months (ive missed a week here n there)

so to anyone thinking about getting on the foam from the liquid or straight to it i say absolutely yes ,do it...........(note to mention,i did have a MASSIVE shed going from liquid to foam but always figured that was a MASSIVE sign of good things to come)

ramble over :jump:
well done ,for you determination you have had results,you give a little hope to guys like me that there may be better thijngs to come

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score

congrats man,

i still think the liquid is better for most of the users

i had bad expirience with the foam so i switch back to liquid

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

avi21 said:
congrats man,

i still think the liquid is better for most of the users

i had bad expirience with the foam so i switch back to liquid

i was under the impression the majority of people preferred the foam?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

GrowHairGrow! said:
Congratulations. I once discussed with this Finnish bloke who said he only started seeing gains when he had been on the big 3 for over a year! I guess it just takes longer for some of us.

well,like ive seen on here a few times ,it took years to lose it so it wont take months to get it back!

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score

The foam is so much more pricey than the liquid. Why not just use more of 5% liquid minoxidil rather than the foam- still save a crapload of money.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

mulder said:
The foam is so much more pricey than the liquid. Why not just use more of 5% liquid minoxidil rather than the foam- still save a crapload of money.

because the foam dries instantly,isnt greasy,can really make ya hair look and feel thicker and has an 85% effectiveness rate unlike liquids 55%

and not that liquid affected me but a lot of people reported bad reactions to it,the foam is better for them

i used the liquid for something like 15 months,NO WAY would i ever go back to liquid

RaginDemon

Reaction score
congrats on the progress made!

aussiedavid

Reaction score
Would the foam be better than a compounded solution with 8% minoxidil and 0.025% Retinoic Acid? That's what I'm currently using, but I'm looking for something new as it doesn't seem to be working any more. Has anyone tried the 12% or 15% minoxidil solutions available on the net? I'm thinking of getting some from the guy who does the spironolactone.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
aussiedavid said:
Would the foam be better than a compounded solution with 8% minoxidil and 0.025% Retinoic Acid? That's what I'm currently using, but I'm looking for something new as it doesn't seem to be working any more. Has anyone tried the 12% or 15% minoxidil solutions available on the net? I'm thinking of getting some from the guy who does the spironolactone.

oh man,ive just been on the big three for nearly 2 years,im not clued up on anything more in depth,ask Bryan or CCS ,theyll definitely be able to help

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I switched to foam about a month ago from liquid, I do hope it was the right decision.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
I switched to foam about a month ago from liquid, I do hope it was the right decision.

dont be too scared of shedding...initial shed can be krazy

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats a fair comment, I'm just going to stick on in there and see how I go on the big 3.