The End Of Scars: Scientists Discovered How To Regenerate Human Skin

itsover

Reaction score
I hope this rejuvenate skin too, we will need nice young skin to compliment thick NW0 when cure comes.

MirinBrah

My Regimen
Reaction score
we are quite near to hair loss cure it seems.

Not quite near enough.

"While the discovery is indeed impressive, it should be noted that the experiment is still in its early stages and serves only to demonstrate proof of concept.

Currently the process has only been proven to work in mice and human skin samples. Achieving hair follicle growth in a wound attached to a living human might prove to be more difficult. But should science find a way to do this, we may not have to worry about wounds leaving scars ever again."

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome. "The secret is to regenerate hair follicles first. After that, the fat will regenerate in response to the signals from those follicles."

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm personally hoping that stem cell scaffolds (hydrogels) succeed because they'd be so much easier to apply and are closer to release date. That would be a dream come true, but if Cotsarelis can do this quickly enough I'll take it.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this make new hair?
News for skin !!

abcdefg

Reaction score
This stuff is so stupid. Title - the end of scars they can regen human skin. Few paragraphs down they dont know if it works in humans and its very early stages on mice. Give me a break. Tell me when your doing in humans.
There are about 20 billion things that can not work in the enormous transition from mice or simplified models into a human being. It working in mice essentially means nothing except that it might work and it might not.
If this ends up working ( big big if) its decades away. I wouldnt hold my breath on this

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This stuff is so stupid. Title - the end of scars they can regen human skin. Few paragraphs down they dont know if it works in humans and its very early stages on mice. Give me a break. Tell me when your doing in humans.
There are about 20 billion things that can not work in the enormous transition from mice or simplified models into a human being. It working in mice essentially means nothing except that it might work and it might not.
If this ends up working ( big big if) its decades away. I wouldnt hold my breath on this

"Currently the process has only been proven to work in mice and human skin samples. Achieving hair follicle growth in a wound attached to a living human might prove to be more difficult."

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if the area you're trying to heal doesn't have hair follicles?

luiza

Established Member
Reaction score
What if the area you're trying to heal doesn't have hair follicles?

I have slightly bad scars under my breasts from breast augmentation and always wondered when it's gonna be possible to regenerate the skin without any scars.
Guess I'll end up as a bald girl with hairs growing from my boobs LOL

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol if you can get hair growing on your breasts (if this works) you shouldn't be bald, you'll be able to grow it on your head. But we should have the choice of where we want hair growing haha, I'd like to use it for plastic surgery purposes too.

abcdefg

Reaction score
"Currently the process has only been proven to work in mice and human skin samples. Achieving hair follicle growth in a wound attached to a living human might prove to be more difficult."

Right thats basically what I was saying. The title completely contradicts if not flat out lies about what the article body actually says. Its not even remotely right now a way to regenerate skin or hair. Its an early lab experiment in mice. Human skin samples - same thing