The Difference Your Hair Length Can Make.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When my hair is grown out a bit I always seem to get comments from girls about my "thick curly hair". Even my hairdresser said I had thick hair (before he started cutting it lol). This is ironic, of course, when you look at the first 3 pictures below when my hair was shorter.
Maybe it's to do with my hair type and the fact that where it's not balding it's still thick giving good coverage. It could also be that my hair has genuinely got thicker since starting Finasteride & Nizoral (first pics were before I started finasteride) but to the untrained eye I look like I've got a really good head of hair when it's longer.
It does make you think what a difference the length can make. The only problem with all this is that with my hair you can start to look like Jesse Eisenberg at a certain length!

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well with curly hair like that it can look better, it is like a combover but a good one. with straight fine hair though when you grow it longer it just accentuates the thinning :-(

INT

Reaction score
This is only the case with curly hair. I look clearly thinning when I have just washed and conditioned my hair but once my curls are dried up I would probably get laughed at by most people if I would tell them I was thinning.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No too long though! It can get a bit like a bad afro eventually, not a good look (on me at least).
@INT & @Cue Bald - I think your hair type plays a part along with the length but I'm also pretty sure my hair has actually got a bit thicker too since using finasteride. I guess the only way to find out if that was true would be to cut it short again.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exactly why I didn't realize until it was too late lol. You even look like you have the same anterior pattern going on

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by "too late"? Do you mean you're unable to grow it out now?
Bro I look like Baldi's Basics in real life. That's salted earth