The darn little hairs...

markymark123

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on propecia for nearly 11 months, and I had hoped that it would strengthen my hairline, but unfortunately it has not. My hairline is thinning out big time with those lifeless little hairs. If I must have recession, I'd at least want what i had to be thick, so am I wondering if it would be a good idea to start minoxidil all along the hairline. I fear it will thin the hairline out even more, and also, how does one go about even applying the stuff?

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Despite all the anxiety expressed around here about applying minoxidil, it's really very simple. Every bottle comes with both an eyedropper applicator and a spray nozzle. You can choose which method you use. If you have a lot of hair in the affected area, it would be wise to use the eyedropper.

Just place the dropper on your scalp and squeeze slowly, making certain that the liquid is touching your skin. It is useless if it all gets lost in your hair. Some people use their fingers to rub the stuff in, but the instructions say that this is not necessary. If you don't rub it in, just make sure you roll your head around in the correct directions to let the stuff spread and soak in. (If any drips down onto your face, don't let it get in your eyes. It contains alcohol.)

Many are hesitant to start minoxidil because they think applying it will be a hassle, but I maintain that it isn't. It takes half a minute at the most.

Some have a shed when they start it, others don't. I did, and it lasted exactly two weeks before slowing down. In my case, I couldn't see a cosmetic difference from it, but everyone is different. However, most people here will tell you that minoxidil-shed hairs grow back.

Putting the stuff on my hairline is no big deal for me because I wear bangs. If you don't have bangs, there will be a slight appearance of greasiness. Maybe someone else here knows a way to help that situation.