The cursed itch/inflammation, my story

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum since 2009 and have tried almost every product known to mankind.
At this point I'm exhausted . No matter what I use, there's always this inflammation feeling in my hairline that tells me that whatever I'm doing isn't really working.
As long as I feel it, I know that the DHT in my scalp is alive and stronger than ever.
That feeling come and goes, and is affected directly by my different moods, as strange as it may sound.
Meaning that if I'm calm, I have better chances that I won't feel it, but if I'm nervous, most chances are that it will appear.
Which makes me wonder, if it's affected by my f*****g moods, can anti-androgens even help?
The whole thing is a mystery, doesn't make any sense.
On the one hand anti androgens are supposed to turn in off, on the other hand they don't seem to do anything at least in my case.
My regimen is: Propecia, topical dutasteride, minoxidil 5% (sometimes 15% but I don't think it does anything), stemoxydine and some topical nutrifolica (natural).
So as you can see, it's impossible to tell me "yea man you use only oils and unproved stuff, how can you expect for results?" because I'm using the big guns.
The last thing for me would be to try oral dutasteride, and I will do it if I'll have no choice, I already have the pills. I just don't thing it'll help in my case.
Like many of you, from time to time there's this "new product" that gives me some hope and ends up doing nothing, a waste of money.
At this point it's the Nioxin new lotion with sandalore, even though I know it's probably a complete crap like Nioxin itself.
Just like Folligen, Viviscal, Nutrafol and many more.
All this book that I wrote here just to ask you: Does anyone know what I'm talking about? does any of you experience the same thing?
Is there someone here that felt what I feel, then started finasteride/dutasteride/ru/etc and it made it completely stop?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum since 2009 and have tried almost every product known to mankind.
At this point I'm exhausted . No matter what I use, there's always this inflammation feeling in my hairline that tells me that whatever I'm doing isn't really working.
As long as I feel it, I know that the DHT in my scalp is alive and stronger than ever.
That feeling come and goes, and is affected directly by my different moods, as strange as it may sound.
Meaning that if I'm calm, I have better chances that I won't feel it, but if I'm nervous, most chances are that it will appear.
Which makes me wonder, if it's affected by my f*****g moods, can anti-androgens even help?
The whole thing is a mystery, doesn't make any sense.
On the one hand anti androgens are supposed to turn in off, on the other hand they don't seem to do anything at least in my case.
My regimen is: Propecia, topical dutasteride, minoxidil 5% (sometimes 15% but I don't think it does anything), stemoxydine and some topical nutrifolica (natural).
So as you can see, it's impossible to tell me "yea man you use only oils and unproved stuff, how can you expect for results?" because I'm using the big guns.
The last thing for me would be to try oral dutasteride, and I will do it if I'll have no choice, I already have the pills. I just don't thing it'll help in my case.
Like many of you, from time to time there's this "new product" that gives me some hope and ends up doing nothing, a waste of money.
At this point it's the Nioxin new lotion with sandalore, even though I know it's probably a complete crap like Nioxin itself.
Just like Folligen, Viviscal, Nutrafol and many more.
All this book that I wrote here just to ask you: Does anyone know what I'm talking about? does any of you experience the same thing?
Is there someone here that felt what I feel, then started finasteride/dutasteride/ru/etc and it made it completely stop?

Are you using dandruff shampoos? If not, you might want to add Keto 2 percent and Selsun Blue. If you would like to discuss a couple of possible alternatives, then just let me know.

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you using dandruff shampoos? If not, you might want to add Keto 2 percent and Selsun Blue. If you would like to discuss a couple of possible alternatives, then just let me know.

Thanks for the reply.
I use nizoral from time to time but it's not the holy grail for me. Never heard of Selsun Blue though, or the active ingredient Seleniun Sulfide. might give it a shot, yet it's a shampoo so the best outcome would probably be 10 minutes of relief. If you have other suggestions I'll be happy to hear, as I've got nothing to lose at this point. Except hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I use nizoral from time to time but it's not the holy grail for me. Never heard of Selsun Blue though, or the active ingredient Seleniun Sulfide. might give it a shot, yet it's a shampoo so the best outcome would probably be 10 minutes of relief. If you have other suggestions I'll be happy to hear, as I've got nothing to lose at this point. Except hair.
I think that with propecia and topical duta, you are fine there. Selsun Blue feels "medicated" and it is very soothing for me at least. Keto is awfully rough on hair unless it is sebum-drenched. You might also try one known as Alpecin.

What I would suggest since you appear to be a non-responder to minoxidil would be for you to start drinking it daily. I have a formula for conversion to Loniten. You won't need a prescription and a six buck bottle of topical min will last six to 12 months for you.

I might know what you mean about the itchiness but for me, it was as though my hair actually "hurt" even though it is supposed to be dead keratin matter. The wind especially made it "hurt" so it might have been psychosomatic.
Janey

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no other hair treatment as underrated as ketokonazole shampoo

jazz1

Reaction score
What brand medication are you using and have you switched brands? 15% minoxidil does work but again being inconsistent will naturally cause an inbalance and sheds....

You should have stabilised the hairloss?