The cure for baldness? Theoretical treatment protocol (Megadose estrogen w/o side effects)

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a theory, which I wanted to air out. I don’t know if I am missing something essential, so I would like the opinion of our community.

Estrogen is a very potent hormone which transcribes it’s hair growth promoting effects (w over 1000’s of genes regulating hair). But as we all know it has feminizing effects on men.

My proposed solution:

Using an AI (aromatase inhibitor) to surpress endogenous estrogen production in the body. This way our body needs us to supply estrogen to fulfill physiological needs. We supply this with a high concentration alcoholic solution of estradiol through our scalp. Superphysiological doses can be used since systemic absorption is poor, and we actually need some of it to absorb.

Liposomal estrogen can also be used, in even higher dosages. Which will outcompete androgens x100.

Hypothesized outcome: The scalp will be more estrogen dominant than a freaking vulva with normal hormone levels in the body. Combined with a 5 ar inhibitor it could be a cure.

More plates more dates did an experiment with estradiol. But we know that the scalp gets saturated, so it doesn’t help to pour low concentrated estrogen onto our scalp. We need a higher concentration titrated up to a dosage that absorb the x amount needed, equaling that amount that previously was produced in the body.

Thoughts? Am I missing something?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a theory, which I wanted to air out. I don’t know if I am missing something essential, so I would like the opinion of our community.

Estrogen is a very potent hormone which transcribes it’s hair growth promoting effects (w over 1000’s of genes regulating hair). But as we all know it has feminizing effects on men.

My proposed solution:

Using an AI (aromatase inhibitor) to surpress endogenous estrogen production in the body. This way our body needs us to supply estrogen to fulfill physiological needs. We supply this with a high concentration alcoholic solution of estradiol through our scalp. Superphysiological doses can be used since systemic absorption is poor, and we actually need some of it to absorb.

Liposomal estrogen can also be used, in even higher dosages. Which will outcompete androgens x100.

Hypothesized outcome: The scalp will be more estrogen dominant than a freaking vulva with normal hormone levels in the body. Combined with a 5 ar inhibitor it could be a cure.

More plates more dates did an experiment with estradiol. But we know that the scalp gets saturated, so it doesn’t help to pour low concentrated estrogen onto our scalp. We need a higher concentration titrated up to a dosage that absorb the x amount needed, equaling that amount that previously was produced in the body.

Thoughts? Am I missing something?

That’s a pretty interesting idea. Like putting it in terms of numbers to showcase this:

Start=>
Serum estrogen: 50

Adding low concentration estrogen on scalp =>
Serum estrogen: 60
Scalp estrogen: 10

Adding high concentration estrogen on scalp=>
Serum estrogen: 100
Scalp estrogen: 40

Adding an AI=>
Serum estrogen: 10

Adding an AI and high concentration estrogen on scalp=>

This way you more than double your scalp estrogen without systemically affecting yourself too much. It would be the equivalent of low dose estrogen systemic effect

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s a pretty interesting idea. Like putting it in terms of numbers to showcase this:

Start=>
Serum estrogen: 50

Adding low concentration estrogen on scalp =>
Scalp estrogen: 10

Adding high concentration estrogen on scalp=>
Serum estrogen: 100

Adding an AI=>
Serum estrogen: 10

Adding an AI and high concentration estrogen on scalp=>

This way you more than double your scalp estrogen without systemically affecting yourself too much. It would be the equivalent of low dose estrogen systemic effect
Spot on! Thanks for the «visual» representation

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using an AI for long term comes with its own set of problems though.
Ya I thought of doing this exact thing a while back and upon doing more research I discovered AI's aren't really good long-term and you end up playing catch-up.

What would be good is if we can get an estrogen related chemical or sometype of reverse androgen agonist that doesn't go systematic similar to how cb or fluridil works.

Last edited:

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But isn’t those problems caused by estrogen deficiency? And with this you don’t have estrogen deficiency.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is essentially a highly efficient growth regimen. You use dht inhibitors or anti androgens to maintain but do the high dose estrogen/AI combo for a year to grow back a few Norwoods. Take a break for a few months and maybe do it again

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you can lower your estrogen to decent levels with an AI. (btw that's also not that easy) The mechanisms of AI can give side effects, have to read up about them though.

An AI(letrozole) absolutely f*****g decimated my hair, i was taking 2.5mg daily for 2 months, i stopped it in march and still haven't recovered. Never touching one again.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
An AI(letrozole) absolutely f*****g decimated my hair, i was taking 2.5mg daily for 2 months, i stopped it in march and still haven't recovered. Never touching one again.
Well yeah that’s because reduced estrogen = worse hair because there’s more androgens.

Exogenously supplementing estrogen alongside use of an AI should counter that effect. Btw when you were on letrozole were you also on a dht blocker?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you can lower your estrogen to decent levels with an AI. (btw that's also not that easy) The mechanisms of AI can give side effects, have to read up about them though.
Can also use a SARM, but don’t know if that is safer.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Systemic estrogenic side effects outside of the scalp might be necessary to increase the number of anagen hairs i.e regrowth. Gyno can be dealt with surgery everything else is how well you cope with it. AI could ruin everything and using it is counterproductive. The only way to achieve what people want with estrogen may very well be accepting feminization and using lipo to counteract the fat redistribution. Its all theory and cant be done in practice.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another problem is getting the balance right and maintaining that balance not impossible but would take some experimentation and regular lab tests, especially in the beginning.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Systemic estrogenic side effects outside of the scalp might be necessary to increase the number of anagen hairs i.e regrowth. Gyno can be dealt with surgery everything else is how well you cope with it. AI could ruin everything and using it is counterproductive. The only way to achieve what people want with estrogen may very well be accepting feminization and using lipo to counteract the fat redistribution. Its all theory and cant be done in practice.
That may be true, but I think it’s worth a try before going the nuclear route of accepting the feminization and getting gyno surgery

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That may be true, but I think it’s worth a try before going the nuclear route of accepting the feminization and getting gyno surgery
Of course its one more method to try before feminization. There are lucky guys who can do sh*t topically, you never know. However an AI is still ill advised.

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be ideal IMO is finding a way to increase aromatase activity in the scalp only and taking more fiber/probiotics and Calcium d glucarate to stabilize serum e2 and increase the excretion of any excess estrogens from the body.

The issue with your method is that aromatase activity and tissue estrogen levels varies across the body so by inhibiting all aromatase activity you would still experience side effects.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate a bit on what this process is, and is it something that can be done at home like liposomes? I'm guessing it's nowhere near as simple.