The Cost of My Success

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let y'all know that it's been a year and my hair is the thickest it's been in years. Here are my pictures from about a year ago when I started and the first signs of success:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=19038

I don't have any new pictures, but trust me, my hair is thick and the hairline has come back nicely.

But I just thought I'd let you know how much my regimen costs per year: approximately $354 per year Canadian.

I get the Proscar for $75. I divide it into quarters and take a dosage Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Two packets last me all year. Total: $150.

I buy Tricomen online for $56 a 60ml bottle. I apply once a day in the morning. Each bottle lasts me half a year. Total for the year: $112.

I buy Walgreen's brand 5% Minoxidil 3-pack. I apply that once a day when I go to bed. The 3-pack lasts me half a year. After currency exchange, each 3-pack costs me $46 Canadian. Total for the year: $92.

Add it all up, and it costs me $354 for the year. But if you want to add in the Nizoral, that may be another $30, so maybe $384 for the year. Still pretty cheap for success.

And still NO SIDE EFFECTS with Finesteride. Little Elvis is doing just fine ...

G

some questions, how many hairs are you currently losing every day?

How many hairs were you losign before starting treatment?

And when (wich month) did your hairloss slowed down after you start started propecia?

I have similar amount of hair than you in those pics, and I am losing 50 hairs every day while on propecia. it hurts a lot because I don't have a lot of hair, and losing what i have left is not something I like. I lose more now than before starting treatment.

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many hairs I'm losing per day now. I hardly even think about it anymore.

I only counted my hairs once before starting my regimen and it was around 50 I lost per day.

I would have to say somewhere in the middle of the second month, my hairloss slowed down and started showing some real improvement.