The coping and delusion has ended for me

Norwoodcel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a moment of clarity today, as i sat in wetherspoons on my own, staring into space while i sip my pint.. I've realised ive been deluded and coping the for last few years.

Sure i had a decent face and height and I always kidded myself the hair issue was not a biggie.. But it is. It really is and now i've fully realised it.

If you're balding it doesn't matter what your face looks like, women look at you and within seconds you're a creepy old balding guy.. it doesn't matter what your face looks like. In fact they don't even register your face.. They see the head straight away and look away.. you're instantly a nobody and invisible.

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a moment of clarity today, as i sat in wetherspoons on my own, staring into space while i sip my pint.. I've realised ive been deluded and coping the for last few years.

Sure i had a decent face and height and I always kidded myself the hair issue was not a biggie.. But it is. It really is and now i've fully realised it.

If you're balding it doesn't matter what your face looks like, women look at you and within seconds you're a creepy old balding guy.. it doesn't matter what your face looks like. In fact they don't even register your face.. They see the head straight away and look away.. you're instantly a nobody and invisible.
Mate, If hair loss bothers you to the degree it appears to do then have you considered a hair system? I appreciate the stigma is attached to using them but they do look incredible and sure beats a shiny scalp under the Weatherspoons lights.

Norwoodcel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate, If hair loss bothers you to the degree it appears to do then have you considered a hair system? I appreciate the stigma is attached to using them but they do look incredible and sure beats a shiny scalp under the Weatherspoons lights.

I have a few grand set aside for FUE in Istanbul. Just waiting for travel to normalise.

I'm going to start dermarolling today. I've
had them for months been be sitting in a drawer.

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few grand set aside for FUE in Istanbul. Just waiting for travel to normalise.

I'm going to start dermarolling today. I've
had them for months been be sitting in a drawer.
Good to hear man, it’s nice to hear you’re taking positive steps.

Dermarolling is something which i would encourage anyone on this forum to use, especially when paired with Minoxidil.

Norwoodcel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel embarrassed about the post surgery vlood though

I remember being on a Turkish airlines flight from Istanbul a few years ago and saw lots of guys with red bloody heads. I sat behind 2 of them

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I remember being on a Turkish airlines flight from Istanbul a few years ago and saw lots of guys with red bloody heads. I sat behind 2 of them
I think it’s pretty common to encounter guys coming back from Turkey with hair transplants now so don’t worry too much about it. You’ll be hyper aware of it compared to others who will probably see it and move on to whatever they’re doing.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Little to worry about

Being embarrassed for a day and then having a big confidence boost the rest of your life

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Same here. I went through it for years, believing the nonsense positivity that I read online. Maybe I'm not in good enough shape, I thought. Handled that and nothing changed. Maybe my mindset is wrong, I thought. So I went hard on my affirmations and meditation. Nothing changed. Maybe things will change when my future prospects do, I thought. But still nothing changed. Went out approaching with coaches and friends and got told that I have good social skills, dress well and am in good shape. One of these dating coaches even suggested that I don't need coaching. Recently I've had a pro photoshoot for any online dating profile that I'd make and, no surprises, they have always failed.

It's good that you decided to stop deluding yourself almost spontaneously like this. If I still had things to delude myself, I'd still be doing it but I think that my list above is quite exhaustive.

Also remember that a year after a hair transplant, when people reveal their hair transplants to others, they say that it looks great. Barely anybody says a negative thing about hair transplants, you'll find.