The Chiswick Hair Clinic - Any Experience?

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all
I'm 28 and am a Norwood 4. I have decided to do an FUE procedure and am based in the UK.
I would be more comfortable to not do it in Turkey and would rather do it closer to home.

One of the surgeons who I have narrowed it down to is Dr Eibi Iniekio who works in the chiswick hair clinic in london.

Has anyone heard of any reviews or any personal experience with this clinic and surgeon?

Thanks in advance!

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can understand the apprehensive feeling towards going to Turkey.
I know nothing about this specific surgeon but UK is generally known to be high in price as well as poor in results.
If you are prepared to pay the UK price, why not consider one of the nearby European options eg. Belgium/Spain with much better reputation ?

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can understand the apprehensive feeling towards going to Turkey.
I know nothing about this specific surgeon but UK is generally known to be high in price as well as poor in results.
If you are prepared to pay the UK price, why not consider one of the nearby European options eg. Belgium/Spain with much better reputation ?

I am open for Belgium, at least it is in the EU and a lot closer to the UK.

Which surgeons in Belgium do you recommend?
I don't understand why people say that UK is not the best results, I haven't seen many bad reviews and the surgeons here are accountable to the GMC

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am open for Belgium, at least it is in the EU and a lot closer to the UK.

Which surgeons in Belgium do you recommend?
I don't understand why people say that UK is not the best results, I haven't seen many bad reviews and the surgeons here are accountable to the GMC

I had mine done with Dr B i s a n g a and was happy with it. The reason I chose him is because he came across honest and ethical, and focused on what is best for the customer rather than the financial benefits (as many Turkish clinics seem to). Please feel free to see my thread here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-sanga-3567-grafts-today.119007/#post-1811609
There are also other posts who had a positive experience with him.
Feriduni is also a well known name in Belgium, but I think the prices are higher and waiting time is longer.
I cannot remember the names of reputable surgeons in Spain, but if you do a forum search you may find it.

As for why UK is not recommended....think Rooney.
Recently I have seen a post here of what appears to be quite poor at around 6 months, and it was by a UK based Turkish clinic. The OP did not reveal names. GMC means very little when it comes down to it. Even though UK clinics are registered, as long as the staff are qualified and they keep up the hygiene standards they are in the clear as far as I know. Hair transplant is something that doesn't have a set standard of what is considered a 'success'. UK medical standards are high, but somehow hair transplant standards are low. Many experienced forum members here will agree with this view. You may just find a good one, but odds are if you go somewhere else you are likely to do much better.

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had mine done with Dr B i s a n g a and was happy with it. The reason I chose him is because he came across honest and ethical, and focused on what is best for the customer rather than the financial benefits (as many Turkish clinics seem to). Please feel free to see my thread here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-sanga-3567-grafts-today.119007/#post-1811609
There are also other posts who had a positive experience with him.
Feriduni is also a well known name in Belgium, but I think the prices are higher and waiting time is longer.
I cannot remember the names of reputable surgeons in Spain, but if you do a forum search you may find it.

As for why UK is not recommended....think Rooney.
Recently I have seen a post here of what appears to be quite poor at around 6 months, and it was by a UK based Turkish clinic. The OP did not reveal names. GMC means very little when it comes down to it. Even though UK clinics are registered, as long as the staff are qualified and they keep up the hygiene standards they are in the clear as far as I know. Hair transplant is something that doesn't have a set standard of what is considered a 'success'. UK medical standards are high, but somehow hair transplant standards are low. Many experienced forum members here will agree with this view. You may just find a good one, but odds are if you go somewhere else you are likely to do much better.

Thank you that is great advice,
Price is not too much of an issue for me as I want to get it right!
I would rather go with a very experienced surgeon in the EU so Belgium sounds like a good shout.

With regards to the procedure, is it important that the doctor performs the whole procedure, I have had some say that they do the incisions only because that is the main thing that determines the direction of the hair and the density. If that is the case why would some surgeons perform the whole procedure

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you that is great advice,
Price is not too much of an issue for me as I want to get it right!
I would rather go with a very experienced surgeon in the EU so Belgium sounds like a good shout.

With regards to the procedure, is it important that the doctor performs the whole procedure, I have had some say that they do the incisions only because that is the main thing that determines the direction of the hair and the density. If that is the case why would some surgeons perform the whole procedure

Not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed when I realised Dr. B does not do the graft insertion. He does the donor hair removal and creates the graft site punches, which is the most important part of the procedure as you rightly pointed out. It does indeed determine the density, graft angulation and the appropriate single/multiple graft placement through the recipient site. Throughout the procedure, he did pay good attention and checked on his staff regularly, so I felt at ease. At the time of my initial consultation in person, their explanation was if the surgeon himself was to perform the full procedure, it is so tiring that he is probably unlikely to focus well, so they felt it is better to have a highly trained technician doing the insertion which is the part that takes the longest. I also chose him due to the posts of personal experiences I had seen, so I do think it is fine having a technician perform the insertion as long as stringent standards are kept up and they keep an eye throughout the procedure. If this particularly bothers you perhaps look elsewhere.
He could have easily taken more of my money if he did the thinning crown as well, but he was honest enough to give me the opinion that it was not needed at this point. I think he is right, as diffuse thinning of crown often gets average results due to the risk of transection killing off existing native hair.

If money or flying longer distance isn't an issue, perhaps consider US/Canada too? I cant recall the names that I read about...but I'm sure other members will come along with replies, or you can find it in the relevant forum section.

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed when I realised Dr. B does not do the graft insertion. He does the donor hair removal and creates the graft site punches, which is the most important part of the procedure as you rightly pointed out. It does indeed determine the density, graft angulation and the appropriate single/multiple graft placement through the recipient site. Throughout the procedure, he did pay good attention and checked on his staff regularly, so I felt at ease. At the time of my initial consultation in person, their explanation was if the surgeon himself was to perform the full procedure, it is so tiring that he is probably unlikely to focus well, so they felt it is better to have a highly trained technician doing the insertion which is the part that takes the longest. I also chose him due to the posts of personal experiences I had seen, so I do think it is fine having a technician perform the insertion as long as stringent standards are kept up and they keep an eye throughout the procedure. If this particularly bothers you perhaps look elsewhere.
He could have easily taken more of my money if he did the thinning crown as well, but he was honest enough to give me the opinion that it was not needed at this point. I think he is right, as diffuse thinning of crown often gets average results due to the risk of transection killing off existing native hair.

If money or flying longer distance isn't an issue, perhaps consider US/Canada too? I cant recall the names that I read about...but I'm sure other members will come along with replies, or you can find it in the relevant forum section.

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again for advice,
I contacted Dr Maras and Dr Cole in Greece,
Dr Bissanga and Dr rui de Reys in Belgium
And Dr Hasson and Dr Rahal in Canada

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All good choices.
I believe Dr. Cole's in Greece clinic is a joined effort with Dr. Bissanga. My understanding is these two big names are unlikely to be performing the procedure there, but with their reputation on the line I'm sure they are not prepared to compromise standards either, so you might (hopefully) get a high standard with prices lower than in Belgium/USA. If you specifically prefer one of these two, it may be best to go to their own clinic.
Good luck !

Raphael84

My Regimen
Reaction score
All good choices.
I believe Dr. Cole's in Greece clinic is a joined effort with Dr. Bissanga. My understanding is these two big names are unlikely to be performing the procedure there, but with their reputation on the line I'm sure they are not prepared to compromise standards either, so you might (hopefully) get a high standard with prices lower than in Belgium/USA. If you specifically prefer one of these two, it may be best to go to their own clinic.
Good luck !

In regards to the above quote, you would be mistaken. Dr Bissanga and Dr Cole are leading and performing each and every surgery that is being scheduled in Athens. Both Doctors open their calendar for around one week each month to schedule surgery in Athens and have been doing so since March. Every single surgery has been performed by themselves.

It may appear that Dr. Bissanga and Dr. Cole have formed this clinic for financial means. They have not. They both have extremely successful practices where they can demand a much higher price point than Athens, and generally with a healthy waiting list and surgery scheduled several months in advance. They formed this clinic out of a necessity to help a population of people that lack the financial resources to live happy and productive lives free from concerns over their hair loss and to help them avoid unsafe clinics due to a lack of financial means. The subset of individuals with limited funds is much larger than the group with a large bank account. This group will also be more appreciative and we will help them avoid bad surgery in low cost clinics. Our mission is to help these people. The effort to protect patients is why we have opened the clinic in Athens. Our mission is clear. We are protecting patients from inferior quality surgery.

As the clinic has established itself over the last months, in Athens Dr Bissanga and Dr Cole are now able to offer various options in regards to surgery costs. This would then dictate elements of your surgery. Therefore Athens have various options for the price conscious patient.

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
In regards to the above quote, you would be mistaken. Dr Bissanga and Dr Cole are leading and performing each and every surgery that is being scheduled in Athens. Both Doctors open their calendar for around one week each month to schedule surgery in Athens and have been doing so since March. Every single surgery has been performed by themselves.

It may appear that Dr. Bissanga and Dr. Cole have formed this clinic for financial means. They have not. They both have extremely successful practices where they can demand a much higher price point than Athens, and generally with a healthy waiting list and surgery scheduled several months in advance. They formed this clinic out of a necessity to help a population of people that lack the financial resources to live happy and productive lives free from concerns over their hair loss and to help them avoid unsafe clinics due to a lack of financial means. The subset of individuals with limited funds is much larger than the group with a large bank account. This group will also be more appreciative and we will help them avoid bad surgery in low cost clinics. Our mission is to help these people. The effort to protect patients is why we have opened the clinic in Athens. Our mission is clear. We are protecting patients from inferior quality surgery.

As the clinic has established itself over the last months, in Athens Dr Bissanga and Dr Cole are now able to offer various options in regards to surgery costs. This would then dictate elements of your surgery. Therefore Athens have various options for the price conscious patient.

Thanks for this reply, I am booked to see Dr B i sanga in London this month, looking forward to meeting him