The breaking point.... I need some advice

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride since feb 1, have had some side effects. Weak erections, low sexual interest, watery semen ect ect. That doesn't really bug me, but I am also experiencing chest pains.

I am worried I might be damaging my heart, or something in my chest by taking finasteride. It seems everynight right around this time (10pm PST) I get aching and pains that last for about 30 minutes a night. Are these chest pains dangerous? I'm not talking a year of my life gone dangerous, i'm talking heart disease before I am 30.

Should i stop finasteride? I haven't noticed any improvment in my crown/temples.
If I do stop what should I pick up? I was thinking spironolactone? I really really don't want to go the minoxidil route, seems the shedding and the 2X application isn't worth it when it might not even work....

:cry:

bombscience

Reaction score
are you sure it isn't heartburn? also known as acid reflux? a lot of people who think they are experiencing heart attack symptoms sipmly have heartburn. if you usually eat dinner at 7 or 8 it is very possible to have heartburn at 10pm. i would visit a doctor for a real diagnosis.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea i wouldnt f*** around i would get to the Doctor today!!!!!

The heart is nothing to ignore.....thats why its the number one killer iin the world.Also Bomb if he had acid reflux wouldnt his throat burn as well not just his stomach?

Axon

Reaction score
Drop Finasteride for now and see a doctor. More than likely it is not related, but you never know.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm starting to think the pain is in my upper stomach area. Feels kind of like a quick burning then stops. probaly an olser or something....

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
get your doctor, if he says to drop the proscar, ask him if dutasteride would be an option, or just totally topical like HairLossTalk.com or Bryan.....