The body hair side-effect

Sighconot

Reaction score
I know this is a topic that's been done before, and the conclusion in all the old threads I've looked through is that rogaine increases body hair growth.

Well that sucks.

I've always been relatively hairy, but after being on rogaine for 3.5 months I've definitely noticed thicker hairs appearing where they hadn't been before (top of hands, top of back etc). My question is whether there is anything I can do about it? Do I cut back on the dosage? Would switching to Rogiane foam do any good? I really don't want this situation to get any worse.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the same effect, but it wasn't that bad and pretty much unnoticeable by others. Actually, minoxidil made my sideburns a lot thicker and coarse.

You might try decreasing the dosage a little, that might help. With minoxidil, I think that consistent frequency of application is more important that getting a ton of the stuff on your head just once a day.

So, if you do cut down, cut down on the amount you apply, but strictly adhere to the twice daily regimen.

Sighconot

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Yeah, I got the same effect, but it wasn't that bad and pretty much unnoticeable by others. Actually, minoxidil made my sideburns a lot thicker and coarse.

You might try decreasing the dosage a little, that might help. With minoxidil, I think that consistent frequency of application is more important that getting a ton of the stuff on your head just once a day.

So, if you do cut down, cut down on the amount you apply, but strictly adhere to the twice daily regimen.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind.

otis1 said:
You can get laser hair removel on your back

It's only some sparse hairs on the back of the shoulders right now, but I'll probably consider it if things get worse.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Gardener, how much success did you have with minoxidil and for how long?

Webster

Reaction score
otis1 said:
You can get laser hair removel on your back

Ohhh I advise against that. I had a little done on my back and it actually activated sleeping follicles, yep more hair. Do electrolysis if you must.