the best generic minoxidil in the market?

cat3appr

Reaction score
Hi all,
I tried most of the products in the market: Rogaine, Kirkland minoxidil, Qgain , honestly I can't tell any difference. I've been using mostly the foam version over the past 10 years and mostly the Rogaine one. I can't even tell if it did any good to my hair as there's no way to prove otherwise.
What about you guys, any insight on which generic minoxidil is best? Also considering that the generic alternatives are cheaper than Rogaine.
thank you!
Alex

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Used Kirkland liquid for years BUT i reckon i was being sold fake until i switched supplier. However, i also started microneedling at same time, so could be either.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used Equate brand for many years. I think its made by J&J and just rebranded.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used Equate brand for many years. I think its made by J&J and just rebranded.
With the generic brands of anything, you can usually figure out who makes it by looking at the lot number, expiration date, and country of manufacture. The imprints should look nearly identical with same placement on the bottle or package but with different series of numbers and letters. Not sure who makes the Equate (Walmart) version. I have not been able to find their 5% liquid for some time but they have had their version of the foam (made in Israel). So I've been buying the Equate foam and the Rogaine liquid there.