The best Antioxidents?

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
I was reading a book called the Anti-Aging book and it has alot of good info that i was unaware of. It says that some of the best anti oxidents are called OPC's "oligomeric proanthocyanidins". I guess they contain grape seed, pine bark and red wine extracts (in addition to bilberry and citrus extracts). I think i read somewhere that they have more then that too. Also the book then said for this and any other type vitaman supplement that the best way to take them is in an Isotonic stage. I guess the stomach has to break down the supplements we take into that isotonic stage in order to nurish the body and do its thing. So then i search the net and see they sell these OPC's and regular vitaman mineral supplements in this Iotonic form. Its like powder that you mix with a certain amount of water and its supposed to be 100% absorbed. I know this doesnt directly have to do with HAIRLOSS but i know alot of us take supplements for our health which indirectly does affect our hair.

So my question is does anyone know about these anti oxidents first hand? And whats with the isotonic supplements, it makes sense.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
My father is currently on his last leg of life due to alcoholism, and has between 3 days and maybe 6 months left before his body gives out.

Liver failure means a stoppage of cleansing the body and blood of toxins, and it wasn't until now that I truly believed in the influence of antioxidants in overall health. Whether or not you can take enough to make a difference, or if you're doing it in the right form, etc may be another issue, but there is absolutely no doubt, looking at my dad, that free radicals and blood cleansing of toxic materials is of utmost importance. It may sound like a bunch of herbal tree hugging jargon but it isn't.

They currently have him on a chemical which binds with the most potent toxins in his blood: Ammonia being one of them. The second part of the process is to constantly "dump" (literally) it out. Its not a pretty state to be, emptying out 10 times a night while you wait to die, and are completely coherent the whole time, so those of you who are heavy habitual drinkers: Stop.

It is only because of this chemical which does a similar service as an antioxidant that my dad is still alive and not in a toxic coma right now.

It was interesting to note, that as soon as his liver gave out, within the next 3 months, his appearance aged from 60 years old to (literally) 90 years old. He looks 30 years older now. It is incredible what overabundance of toxins in the blood can do to directly age your face, skin, hair, and body overall.

Green Tea is a good antioxidant, but I tend to shy away from the commercial stuff because of how much caffeine they put in it...

HairLossTalk.com

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sorry about your dad but i great story showing how important these antioxidents are. I might try these OPC' s in the isotonic stage along with my Alpha Lipoic acid and i think ill have a great combo.

Redbone

Reaction score
I like green tea and Alpha lipoic acid and Grape seed extract. Unless your made of money and want to pop pills all day I recomend picking one and also taking a multi vitamin. I have seen a supplement that contained all anti-oxidants known to man but they were in small doses and the product cost $60 for a months supply. To expensive for me.

I must say I love green tea capsules. Alpha Lipoic Acid is the only one that is soluble in both fat and water. The bodies two major pathways.

A

Administrator

Don't know if you have a chain of "natural" food stores, grocery stores, etc. They're all over Southern Cali, but no doubt someone in there would be extremely well versed on this type of thing if someone here is unable to answer your questions.

HairLossTalk.com

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
"I have seen a supplement that contained all anti-oxidants known to man but they were in small doses and the product cost $60 for a months supply. To expensive for me. "

I have checked it out the stuff its like 30 bucks for like 2 months supply, " not positive"

Also cause its in the isotonic form its more absorbed by the body then pills. Regardless of OPCs and whatever the best anti oxident is , i am interested in taking all my vitamans and stuff in this ISOTONIC state, thats what im wondering now.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear your fathers situation HairLossTalk.com. :) Not many people know how dangerous severe alcohol consumption can be. Here in the UK alcohol consumption is very high, almost as high in women as in men!

ALA is a great anti-oxidant, and co-incidentally, very good for the liver.

Cassin

Reaction score
When I worked at a Health food store, everyone generally considered CoQ10 as the best of the best. Who knows though. That stuff is extremely expensive.