the bald truth book

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
has anyone read this book? in it it tells you how nutrition can supercharge treatment, the diet that helps hair grow , and the power of herbal treatments . i'm curious on what that info is for those who read this book. i'd like to know what not to eat and what to eat ..thanks in advance

Mitter

Reaction score
hi ix

i can believe that what you can eat will make bad hair (passibly) or good hair (similar)

i can know eat eggs make mans hair grow strong, also beans, also water and meat (from pig)

my father is good hair (no MBP, no problem etc) he eats offals (inside pig) maybe this can help ?

thank you :)

branco

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
oh branco, you little comedian you

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
ix said:
has anyone read this book? in it it tells you how nutrition can supercharge treatment, the diet that helps hair grow , and the power of herbal treatments . i'm curious on what that info is for those who read this book. i'd like to know what not to eat and what to eat ..thanks in advance

Is that the Spencer Kobran book? I haven't read it, but I know he likes the zone diet a lot. He recommends it on his radio show. Does anyone know if his show still airs? It keeps changing times and it's hard to keep track. BTW, I consider Spencer the Jesus Christ of hairloss. He is continually bummed out about hairloss, and its sad, tragic effects for all those who are bald. He suffers for ALL of us. 8) Seriously

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah that's the one..and obviously what you eat doesn't help your hair grow but it helps the quality of it..to add strength and even thickness to your existing hair..anyways..thanks MidnightFlyer..i'll have to look up this zone diet you're talking about. and branco..if you want to be funny, just post a pic of yourself next time

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I read the book cover to cover years ago, I still have it. It is a GREAT book to read if you have hairloss. Reading that book was the first time I heard of Saw Palmetto and other herbs and food that will help the cause. Does what he says work, who know. Is the book worth reading, yes!

ix - This is a book and there is to much in it to tell you what to eat and what not to eat. If your really curious, get the book. It is a good read and you would probably enjoy it, as would anyone else with hair loss. It kind of gave me inspiration when I was done reading it. Give it a shot, you can probably pick it up on amazon pretty cheap. Or you can proabably buy it used on ebay from a seller called md2002 :D Kidding..........

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
md2002 said:
I read the book cover to cover years ago, I still have it. It is a GREAT book to read if you have hairloss. Reading that book was the first time I heard of Saw Palmetto and other herbs and food that will help the cause. Does what he says work, who know. Is the book worth reading, yes!

ix - This is a book and there is to much in it to tell you what to eat and what not to eat. If your really curious, get the book. It is a good read and you would probably enjoy it, as would anyone else with hair loss. It kind of gave me inspiration when I was done reading it. Give it a shot, you can probably pick it up on amazon pretty cheap. Or you can proabably buy it used on ebay from a seller called md2002 :D Kidding..........

thanks md

Rocketeer

Reaction score
I had a beautiful dog a couple of years ago. Sometimes her fur got in bad shape. When I fed her with raw eggs the fur got better and went shiny. I don't say you are a dog but why not try it :hairy:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Spencer Kobren sems like a c*** to me . Nevertheless 'the bald truth' book is well worth the read to any posters wanting to swat up on hairloss. I like the herbs and minerals section. :)

A

Administrator

Midnight - Not sure Jesus would appreciate that analogy.

The radio show is helpful to the masses out there, as is the book. Everyone plays a small part in the big picture. We're all equals in this community of hair loss sufferers. Kudos to anyone who seeks to help others.

Admin

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Admin said:
Everyone plays a small part in the big picture. We're all equals in this community of hair loss sufferers. Kudos to anyone who seeks to help others.

Admin

And thus we get to see some of the reasons why you are doing such a great job with this site!!!

sjb36

Reaction score
Diet & hair loss - mmmm righto. Best try horse **** rubbed on the head.
The amount of things 'they say' are attributable to diet frankly is a crock.

Unless you live on McD's & KFC 24/7 diet is not the panacea its cracked up to be.

That could be an option the McDKFC 24/7 binge to see if it affects hair growth. I'd rub in the mayo.

Seriously though ignore it. Its horse **** idea designed to sell books or column space.

tube

Reaction score
The e-book is emule (or atleast it was)and theres another e-book on there called alternative treatments for hairloss.
Just download emule and type the names into the search box and a way you go.(unless you've got a problem with file sharing.)

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Admin said:
Midnight - Not sure Jesus would appreciate that analogy.
Admin

I think if Jesus suffered from hairloss, he might not have been so bold.

He might have been too self-consicous to preach to the masses.

He might even have invented the first baseball cap, i.e. the Jesus cap.

hairwish

Reaction score
I first ran into that book 7 years ago at barnes and noble. It gave me lots of hope just when I decided to shave my head. I since tuned into the shows and was a long time member of his site before finding this site years later. there are much more members here with more updates. I use the same handle (hairwish) on his site too. I knew about propecia and was scared to try it when it first came out. his book convinced me to try propecia and I regreted not starting it a year earlier. I credit him for saving my hair. anyway
his in his book he talks about how he began using research from a PhD called barry spears and applied it to his regime. what happened next was a major boost in hair growth. It revolved around a diet designed to control hormone balances. not sure if it was testosterone or others that played a role. they calculated that if they kept the hormones at a certain level throughout the day it optimized the effects the hair treatments had. not sure if it was one or more hormones, can't remember. to maintain the hormone balance you had to eat a perfect balance of protein/carbs/fat to the tee throughout the day to reach the desired levels. if you went more than 8 hours or so without eating it would throw your hormones out of wack. ever notice when you're starving you feel lightheaded sometimes, well thats the hormones having a neg effect on hair loss and that was the reason behind that diet, to control it. that diet came to be known as the zone diet. I read that book once 7 years ago and my info may be a bit off. although if you read the zone by barry spears it fills in the gaps and answers many questions. after reading the zone it made perfect sence but easier said than to actually follow that diet with your lifestyle. cudos to those who pull it off.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
md2002 said:

Okay, if you have read the book, are you following any of the dietary guidelines in it? Has it helped you with male pattern baldness? I think that diet can have an impact on hairloss, in a good way and a bad way. Depends on what you eat.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe the ratio for the Zone diet is : 3:4:1.2......meaning for every 3 grams of protein you need 4 grams of carb and 1.2 grams of fat. I remember trying that diet and it defintely helped with body composition. It's supposed tro keep hormones and the such at proper levels as well, I think.