The bad of hair transplant

BABA

Reaction score
I see a lot of photos of good hair transplant that makes me really consider one. But I do not see pics of the scars it leaves. Do you always have to have long hair after a hair transplant. I have receeding on both sides and would love to fill them in and Money is not a problem but I am very scared of the negatives. How bad does the scar look? How hard is life having people know I had a hair transplant instead of just keeping a receeding line? Just looking for some honest opinions.

G

from what i hear, as long as you keep the hair in back longer than a half an inch, the scar generally isn't visible at all.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've never had a hair transplant but i've seen lots of photos of scars and they usually aren't bad at all and can be covered with very very short hair

if money isn't a problem and you are just looking to fill in receeded temples, why not consider FUE? this method leaves no scar line because they don't cut out an entire section then harvest the hair, they just cut individual follicles out and transplant them. costs a little more, not all hair transplant surgeons do it, but it's supposed to allow you to cut your hair real short, with no signs of scarring.

BABA

Reaction score
But in the end how natural will it look? I have been taking proscar and will stay on that but I do not want to get a hair transplant and just look plain fake.

Do you have any links to pics of the scars?

G

No offense, but my perception is that you need to do alot more research so you know the fundamental differences, and what all of the implications are between strip and FUE.

At present, your hairloss may be minimal, but you really need to consider the big picture and think in terms of your family history, even though you are on the meds. In other words, plan for the worst and hope the meds work for the long term. Everyone is different.

Remember, your scalp will never be what it was before surgery whether you have strip or FUE because either will leave behind scarring. The question is, how noticable will it be based on the size of the procedure, how well one heals, things like that.

Also ask yourself how long you are willing to wear your hair. If you want to wear it at one inch or longer, you should be fine with strip providing you went to a competent surgeon and you heal normally.