The All Purpose Hair Loss In The Media Thread

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Happened across this video - makes fun of the "cure almost here" phenomenon and the way such stories produce opportunities to rib balding media anchors. Imagine if there was a new diet pill and the news anchor turned to his female coanchor and said something like "bet you can't wait to take that!

Anyway I created a thread cause j didn't know where else to stick this.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep that pretty much sums it up. I have pretty much given up on cutting edge research and new treatments. All they ever come out with is "regrew some hair in mice" and "muh next 5 years". I am just going to do all of the current treatments I possibly can and in a few years get a hair transplant. If something actually does finally come along, great, but I am not banking on it.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also like when the companies selling hair loss products have a buzzcut for the before picture and then have a combover for the year later picture.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happened across this video - makes fun of the "cure almost here" phenomenon and the way such stories produce opportunities to rib balding media anchors. Imagine if there was a new diet pill and the news anchor turned to his female coanchor and said something like "bet you can't wait to take that!

It's not a disease? Well go f*** yourself mr "cofident".

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sickening.

Can you imagine people mocking the cure for midget syndrome? Noooo society now has to call them "little people" and give them oscars

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sickening.

Can you imagine people mocking the cure for midget syndrome? Noooo society now has to call them "little people" and give them oscars

I think the reason why they are mocking it is because companies that claim to have the cure only ever come out with "5 more years" and "regrew hair in mice" vaporware and have never actually produced results. I think it is cynicism more than mockery.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the reason why they are mocking it is because companies that claim to have the cure only ever come out with "5 more years" and "regrew hair in mice" vaporware and have never actually produced results. I think it is cynicism more than mockery.

They taunt us with the cure while that little guy on game of thrones gets rewarded. You dont think its wrong?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am feeling a bit distressed lately myself as this was supposed to be our year for some things to be available or at least more conclusive studies and information.
the hair conference in the Fall if these companies don't really fess up to where they are are and when they are available I may go and get a hair transplant myself just to buy a few more years..i have excellent donor section so far compared to most women. I will also look into the meds I can take that unfortunately at my age are a bit risky for blood clots and strokes--i have no family history of these things so maybe just go for it.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They taunt us with the cure while that little guy on game of thrones gets rewarded. You dont think its wrong?

Of course I think it is wrong, I hate it more than anyone, I just think that in that particular video they were taunting the hair loss companies that claim to have a cure that they never produce not bald guys themselves. If anything I think they are shaming the companies for giving people false hope and empty "cure" hype instead of real results.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am feeling a bit distressed lately myself as this was supposed to be our year for some things to be available or at least more conclusive studies and information.
the hair conference in the Fall if these companies don't really fess up to where they are are and when they are available I may go and get a hair transplant myself just to buy a few more years..i have excellent donor section so far compared to most women. I will also look into the meds I can take that unfortunately at my age are a bit risky for blood clots and strokes--i have no family history of these things so maybe just go for it.
I don't feel a cure is near - if there was then there would be so much hype around it.

I'd bet money that there isn't an FDA approved drug that tackles hair loss in the next 5 years.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't feel a cure is near - if there was then there would be so much hype around it.

I'd bet money that there isn't an FDA approved drug that tackles hair loss in the next 5 years.

Hell, Dutasteride and Nizoral 2 percent which are widely proven to combat hair loss and commercially available aren't even FDA approved. You have to jump through so many hoops to get FDA approval. Maybe if we are lucky Kane will be able to make a Chinese knock-off of the formulas for some of these treatments like they did with RU and Cassiopeia.

And it is not like there hasn't been hype for it. People have hyped the Histogen vaporware since 2009 and it is still not here. Supposedly it is supposed to start Phase 3 in Mexico but I haven't seen confirmation of that. There has been a lot of hype just no results.

Last edited:

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This what the general public thinks of the disease. Especially fullheaded TV hosts.

The baldie in denial, mocking himself and the disease, is also what it's wrong with it.

I can read his eyes: he gave up long ago.

This kind of videos are proof that research in hair loss is severely underfunded, and even mocked in its great achievements in rodents. I like to think that somehow, somewhere, a serious scientist is truly researching hair loss in humans; and he doesn't care he's being mocked because of his scientific interests.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cant see a cure coming along anytime soon. By cure i mean you pop pill or splash a topical and it 100% stops balding.

The best ppl can hope for is likely hair follicle cloning which the companies would certainly endorse.. why?

1. Requires a huge multiple session hair transplants $$$$$

2. Still requires meds $$$$$$

All about the money folks..

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
This is contrapoints, a genderqueer, former academic who is now a fairly popular Youtuber. This video is about his gender dysphoria but the opening two or three minutes are germane to our interests....

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is contrapoints, a genderqueer, former academic who is now a fairly popular Youtuber. This video is about his gender dysphoria but the opening two or three minutes are germane to our interests....

gender... who?

gonna skip it without a second thought