"That's your real hair today though, isn't it?"

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else who is open about wearing fake hair get this occasionally? I've had it quite a few times depending on what I'm wearing. I had a friend ask yesterday "You're not wearing your wig today?", and the last time I saw my mother she said "I see you've just gone back to your real hair". If only it was that simple - They don't seem to realise that we have to completely shave the top of our heads.
The difference a shorter style, recessed temples and light density can make!

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If people are saying things like that, it means you aren't doing it right. The idea is for people NOT to notice you're wearing.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
If people are saying things like that, it means you aren't doing it right. The idea is for people NOT to notice you're wearing.
I think you have what he said backwards. When he is wearing they think he is not. That would mean he is accomplishing....the goal of appearing as if he's not wearing....

fallendawn

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol this seems to be a really good thing haha. Obviously you may of had a system that was too dense before or the hairline was not right. But you are now in the position people can't believe it is not your real hair.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switch up my style quite frequently... I am surprised at the folks that don't seem to notice how I can go from a shaved recon to a mohawk that is 25cm long... and be shocked when I say it's a system.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm often wondered about people who wear toppers or full cap's never looking like they've had their hair cut...which i wonder if it could give the game away with family/friends? But i guess people do have different length systems and sometimes shave their bio hair etc.....

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
High praise - does it get much better than that? The only person I’ve ever been open with about it says he often just forgets, feels good!

This reminds me of something that everyone who’s considering wearing a system (but hasn’t yet) should be told - a lot of people simply will not notice at all.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of how little people notice - I recently got a custom long haired system, roughly 10 - 12 inches long. Previously I had a 6 inch system, with some longer bio hair on the back and sides, which had a shorter fringe. I went into work on the Monday after attaching the new system, admittedly with the hair tied back, and absolutely nobody noticed a thing. Nobody even looked at my hair, nobody mentioned it. I usually know people sense something is a bit off if their eyes glance up at my hair when I'm talking to them. It's surprising how much people DON'T notice sometimes, and see life in generalities. Of course you want to do you best NOT to draw attention to your hair system and transition into it seamlessly.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I say if people aren't noticing, it's a bad sign. If a find someone attractive, I scrutinize the hell out of her appearance.

People don't have grid-like scalps, or hair springing out of scalps in v-loop formation...

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I say if people aren't noticing, it's a bad sign. If a find someone attractive, I scrutinize the hell out of her appearance.

People don't have grid-like scalps, or hair springing out of scalps in v-loop formation...
But that would mean a bad hair system and so people would notice the hair for all the wrong reasons?

I'd much rather people don't notice my hair. And for that reason I prefer my hair to not look so perfect when I have it cut or when I style it.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
But that would mean a bad hair system and so people would notice the hair for all the wrong reasons?

I'd much rather people don't notice my hair. And for that reason I prefer my hair to not look so perfect when I have it cut or when I style it.
Same here. I don't slick it back or anything crazy - but this business of being intimate & not telling the person doesn't square w/ me. How the hell would the person not know?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The greatest compliment you can receive is when someone looks a bit confused and says ‘have you had your hair cut?’

Yeh, that was basically what happened when I went back to work after I got my first system. I got it attached during the Christmas holidays and in the new year I went back to work with the system on. Some people just said 'oh you've had a hair cut' and 'nice hair, looks good', etc and then it was business as usual.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. I don't slick it back or anything crazy - but this business of being intimate & not telling the person doesn't square w/ me. How the hell would the person not know?

If it's just casual sex or casual dating, in my opinion there's no need to tell anyone anything about you wearing hair. A long term relationship is another matter, especially if you end up living together.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah, I think if you get a hair system attached for the first time then hang around your friends, family and work colleagues, and nobody seems to notice a thing, no weird looks at your hair etc, no comments (apart from the odd 'have you had your hair cut/restyled' etc), then you know you're on the right track.

I did get a compliment on my hair from a total stranger today actually - I've recently started wearing a long hair system and have refined the cut/style of it a little. I think it looks amazing, almost like flowing, rock star hair. Some woman I was walking past in the city centre smiled at me and said 'nice hair!' and I said 'thank you!'.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think if you get a hair system attached for the first time then hang around your friends, family and work colleagues, and nobody seems to notice a thing, no weird looks at your hair etc, no comments (apart from the odd 'have you had your hair cut/restyled' etc), then you know you're on the right track.

I did get a compliment on my hair from a total stranger today actually - I've recently started wearing a long hair system and have refined the cut/style of it a little. I think it looks amazing, almost like flowing, rock star hair. Some woman I was walking past in the city centre smiled at me and said 'nice hair!' and I said 'thank you!'.
Without a picture......It didn't happen ......haha