That post by 'nana' in the h-loss treatments forum scares me

G

A lot.

It's haunting to read.

Can anyone give a decent explanation with details backing it up, that the two arent linked in any shape or form.

Thanks.

Mr T.

Established Member
Reaction score
One person claiming that Propecia gave him lymphoma means absolutely nothing. There are millions of men worldwide taking Propecia. Should it be surprising that one of them happens to develop cancer while he is on Propecia?

Frankly, I'm surprised that there are people who are frightened of an isolated incident like this but look the other way when several men on sites like this claim to have permanent sexual problems from taking Propecia. If I were you, I'd be a lot more concerned about permanent limp dick than lymphoma.

Redbone

Reaction score
So sick of all the bullshit negative Propecia propaganda. Its an FDA approved drug- get real.

Mr T.

Established Member
Reaction score
jblig said:
nana is lying....

I doubt he's lying. He's either a) mistaken about the correlation between his taking Propecia and his developing lymphoma or b) Propecia did cause his lymphoma, but this was an extremely rare and individual reaction to the drug that's almost certain not to occur in anyone else.

I don't think you can dismiss the possibility outright. Who knows what might happen when you put a foreign chemical in your body? But in the absence of other reports of this happening, it's not to be taken too seriously.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
I just think its bullshit because all of a sudden he has this, and is now going to have chemo, no warning signs, and never coming to the most informative site concerning propecia and its users. Come on now I doubt that anywhere elses you would find more people talking about propecia usage than here. If you found out you had this would you not be posting your concerns here over time or would you just drop a post saying dont take it it causes lymphona. Thats it he provided no other detail or experience. If you were really diagnosed with lymphona you would be a bit more passionate in your posts about it....

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
This is a classic example of how

1) People listen WAY TOO MUCH to what they read on discussion forums

2) People for some weird reason just don't understand all the *MISSING INFORMATION* in a post like his.

Please guys, please. Start using what God gave ya in ya heads :) When you read his post you should have IMMEDIATELY been inundated with voices in your head saying:

1. Who is this guy? How do we know he even has Lymphoma?
2. How do we know he doesn't work for a company selling another product, trying to scare people?
3. How do we know he's even male?
4. How do we know how long he's been on Propecia?
5. How do we know he isn't taking something else in his daily life that may have caused it, like maybe he's living next to a contaminated water source?
6. How do we know whether he has a family history, and its been passed down by his family?
7. How can we know this guy's medical history?
8. How can we be sure he's even been definitively diagnosed?
9. How can we know that his Cat didn't just jump up on the keyboard and accidentaly hit a bunch of keys that formed a few sentences and hit enter when his back leg hit the key?

That is the point. How can we know ANYTHING? We can't.

The assumption is he is telling the truth. That's fine.

You, as a thinking individual with a brain, should temper your level of concern by putting all of the items above into the equation, review Propecia's safety history, research "Propecia and Lymphoma" and see if you find anything in its 20 year history on the market, etc.

If the answer is "no", then honestly, only someone who is moderately to extremely unintelligent would be concerned by his post enough to be afraid. I truly believe this is an intelligence issue. No doubt you will see tons of "dumb" people freak out over this guy's post. I refer to them as that because of the logic used above.

A normal amount of cautionary concern to be filed inside your head for future reference, is expected. I myself have it because of his post. Anything more than that simply implies you don't care about the facts from literally millions of Propecia users... none of which have reported such an effect. To do that is just plain "unintelligent".

Think guys, think.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Interesting you should say that.

What is the one thing that eliminates unnecessary fear?

Education.

Bingo.

HairLossTalk.com

Axon

Reaction score
You're attempting to apply logic? You know that has no place here - WSMR 4 LIFE KID

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Interesting you should say that.

What is the one thing that eliminates unnecessary fear?

Education.

Bingo.

HairLossTalk.com

Damn! I thought it was sex and more sex.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
He's a liar. I mean its so obvious. Look at his post! Its like one sentence post which is obviously someones stupid joke. He is full of BS!!