That Guy Reflects On Recent Developments

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know much about it
its a wnt pathway agonist, which is essential for stem cells to proliferate in progenitor cells and stabilizing Beta catenin crucial for DP cell.

I read that phase 2 was disappointing and that a lower dose was somehow more effective, but still nothing groundbreaking.

i think the trail time was too short, and the candidates were also high norwoods still there was a 10% increase in Hair Count AFAIK,
also recently some one posted a study about dutastride giving 10% incease in hair count with 99% reduction in DHT , if we compare it with samumed , DHT is still there so is not ground breaking to give a powerful AA effect with out DHT related side effect, i myself think that this treatment should be out because i might not be able to afford Tsuji.

A treatment should be reasonably priced and effective and safe.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Whats your favourite metal band?
2. Whats your favourite metal sub genre?
3. Are you kvlt?
4. Is your b**ch bad and boujee?

1. Tough one, but Kamelot was when Roy was still in the band.
2. Really anything that's closer to Priest and Maiden than Metallica and Slayer.
3. No
4. Wut

Add or multiply that number. If they've begun testing (and my understanding is with women only,
but I could be wrong), then add ten years to that.

In fact, Kyreca will come out before Histogen. I'm willing to put money on that.

Histogen was in a legal battle for like, 10 years.

They've tested in women and men and are to begin phase 3

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
that guy what do you think about using smp as a stop gap till later treatments? and smp in general?

could it interfere with any of these future treatments?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
that guy what do you think about using smp as a stop gap till later treatments? and smp in general?

could it interfere with any of these future treatments?

I personally wouldn't do it if I was slick bald/high norwood.

I don't know alot about it, but I suspect the potential for scar tissue could pose a problem for at least some of the developing treatments.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't do it if I was slick bald/high norwood.

I don't know alot about it, but I suspect the potential for scar tissue could pose a problem for at least some of the developing treatments.

well im not too high a norwood yet. like nw4. i was thinking of getting some minor smp done at the front for a few years. but maybe its not such a good idea.

for someone who is heading for nw7 in the next 10 years or so, what would you do (i cant take finasteride, and am hesitant about any other hormone drugs)?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well im not too high a norwood yet. like nw4. i was thinking of getting some minor smp done at the front for a few years. but maybe its not such a good idea.

for someone who is heading for nw7 in the next 10 years or so, what would you do (i cant take finasteride, and am hesitant about any other hormone drugs)?

If I was in your situation this is what I'd do:

Start on minoxidil if haven't already. I'd also consider topical spironolactone, but be warned that there is little scientific evidence that topical spironolactone is effective for hairloss and no one here whose verifiably maintained on it exclusively. Wash your hair with nizoral a couple times a week, since it does reduce inflammation and does have very mild anti dht properties.

At that point, you're doing all you can without finasteride.

This is the year we'll find out what we can really expect in the next couple years. If it winds up looking grim and you've lost more ground, I'd go the smp.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
I am just hoping for a solid Dutasteride topical with no sides. That seems like the most tangible treatment as of now.

shookwun

Reaction score
4k movie star grade prosthesis has been the latest innovation everyone is talking about.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll bet the prospect of stem cells regenerating stuff has the prosthetic industry shitting bricks.

They're gonna be pissed if Replicel and Tsuji succeed.

There will be...

david-caruso-gif-speed-glasses.gif

Hell toupee

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the year we'll find out what we can really expect in the next couple years. If it winds up looking grim and you've lost more ground, I'd go the smp.

Will there be any new hair loss medications this year?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll bet the prospect of stem cells regenerating stuff has the prosthetic industry shitting bricks.

They're gonna be pissed if Replicel and Tsuji succeed.

And yet we never hear people saying the prosthetic industry must be suppressing better regeneration cures. For some reason people only like to apply that thinking to their own problems.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet we never hear people saying the prosthetic industry must be suppressing better regeneration cures. For some reason people only like to apply that thinking to their own problems.

Yeah, you'd think the conspiracy theories would be that the people suppressing the regeneration of hair would be the people making fake hair.

Not the ones selling drugs that don't always work, can have side effects and not many use anyway.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
That Guy,

I pretty much agree with your assessments of the treatments you mentioned.

-Brotzu: I don't put much stock in it, but i guess that's me.
-Wounding: I only see its use for greatly increasing absorption of topicals. (much like laser therapy..... It just helps absorption)
-Histogen/replicel: I think most are greatly underestimating the cost of this procedure. I understand the companies have mentioned an estimated price point, but cmon..... It's called marketing. If they tell people its going to be very expensive, less interest will be generated so much less people will talk about it. For god sakes PRP is our own friggin blood and you have MFs out there who charge anywhere from 1k to 2.5k for it! Want to use our own adipose fat cells? That'll cost you 3k-10k. And no promises of results to boot. I anticipate these products when it hits the market to cost anywhere from 5k-15k. Those who really think the product will cost sub 1k, i mean no disrespect when I say you are very naive. You gotta pay to play, and under 1k isnt playing.......
-Hair Multiplication- Agreed, this is exciting but still a very long road ahead. My guess is 5-7 years before market release.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That Guy,

I pretty much agree with your assessments of the treatments you mentioned.

-Brotzu: I don't put much stock in it, but i guess that's me.
-Wounding: I only see its use for greatly increasing absorption of topicals. (much like laser therapy..... It just helps absorption)
-Histogen/replicel: I think most are greatly underestimating the cost of this procedure. I understand the companies have mentioned an estimated price point, but cmon..... It's called marketing. If they tell people its going to be very expensive, less interest will be generated so much less people will talk about it. For god sakes PRP is our own friggin blood and you have MFs out there who charge anywhere from 1k to 2.5k for it! Want to use our own adipose fat cells? That'll cost you 3k-10k. And no promises of results to boot. I anticipate these products when it hits the market to cost anywhere from 5k-15k. Those who really think the product will cost sub 1k, i mean no disrespect when I say you are very naive. You gotta pay to play, and under 1k isnt playing.......
-Hair Multiplication- Agreed, this is exciting but still a very long road ahead. My guess is 5-7 years before market release.

No, I agree with you. I've said as much around here lately.

No doubt they'll charge more than the 1000.

But I maintain my position that it will be a far more affordable solution than hair multiplication

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I agree with you. I've said as much around here lately.

No doubt they'll charge more than the 1000.

But I maintain my position that it will be a far more affordable solution than hair multiplication

AH. Agreed. Hair Multiplication will be crazy expensive. But the way I look at it, at least it will be an option. That's really what most of us want, an option for a cure. Those who care about their hair enough, will find a way to afford it. Financing is always an option for people lol.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
AH. Agreed. Hair Multiplication will be crazy expensive. But the way I look at it, at least it will be an option. That's really what most of us want, an option for a cure. Those who care about their hair enough, will find a way to afford it. Financing is always an option for people lol.

And more options are what we need.

Personally, between contemporary treatments and stuff coming out over the next couple years, I'm not really worried about going bald anymore

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every time I get excited about treatments coming that are "just around the corner" I keep getting flashbacks of 10 years ago when we had so many things that were also "just around the corner". Remember, Dr. Gho HM, Intercytex, Adrian's, Piliel/FNS...? Have I missed any?

Looking back I never expected it would take this long. Not trying to be pessimistic but it's tough when there's been so many promising things that turn out to be complete failures. Something has got to give.