thanks 2this Site my success pics

rockinreel

Reaction score
2117x29.jpg
211mddv.jpg

2118l6r.jpg
211mazm.jpg

These pics were taken while I held a lamp over the top of my head, revealing the worst condition possible to hide a bald spot. Therefore, in moderate light you cannot tell at all my hair is thinning, unless i spike it or wet it. Sorry for not having before pics, but as a reference, I once was told "it won't be long and I will be able to land a mickey mouse plan on your head"!

You can see my hair is very thick in the middle now. I tried to give a pic of how thick it is at my hairline, but my webcam sucks. My hairline is thicker than it was when i was 18. I'm 39. I tried to show the cotinuous new growth at the temples, but couldn't zoom in to show the outward growth. My temples are not receding as bad as it looks. My head was less than 12 inches from the camera, distoring my forhead. My bangs used to reveal a receding hairline on the sides. Couldn't hide it with hair. My bangs had an annoying gap at the temples. Now, I have no receding temples, and have thick bangs all the way across my head.

My overall forehead has receded, some and it very gradually getting low, but I don't care if it doesn't get lower, just stay there.

My regime: (i quit propecia once after being on it 9 months, lost a lot of hair, so the start over date is provided. I've been thinning for 6 years. I've been on and off products until i found out what worked for me).

Finpecia, 1 year
Minoxidil (kirkland) 6 years
Folligen cream 6 months
Nixoral (don't really feel i need this stuff, but good cleaning agent)

Hopefully staying on finpecia will fill the vertex area completely. Folligen is the reason for my bangs thickening. minoxidil did a good job of growing a few hairs at first, then all it did was maintain. minoxidil didn't even keep the hair that fell out from quitting propecia that one time. IOW's if you quit propecia, minoxidil will not keep the new growth grown with propecia.[/img]

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmmm, which pic is at which point? do you have any more? looks good tho.

rockinreel

Reaction score
All pics are after pics. They aren't great pics as the temple pic doesn't show how it is totally refilled with hair. The light makes it still look receded but it's really more straight than receded. I need a digital camera I guess.

The front and middle parts of my head experienced phenominal growth. The vertex is still challenging to fill-in completely, but it has a good bit of growth, and no one ever notices or says anything about it anymore like they used too. (without that light shinning directly on it, it's less noticable).

Reaction score
wait im confused...you think that finpecia works better than propecia...Its the same stuff. Maybe just adding the minoxidil brought out the growth.

rockinreel

Reaction score
No I didn't mean propecia is any different that finpecia.

No adding minoxidil wasn't the key. I have been on minoxidil for 7 years. At the 4th year, added propecia and got good results.

At my 5th year, (9 months on propecia, still on minoxidil) I decided to experiment with dropping propecia or minoxidil. I quit propecia, my hair started to fall out. I started back on propecia. 4 months later I quite minoxidil. Hair started falling out again. Now, for a little of a year, I've been on both. Approx 7 months ago I started Folligen with propecia and minoxidil. My bangs completely filled-in, and only because of adding folligen.

My trouble spot is my vertex (back). If I had been on propecia and folligen from the start, I wouldn't be still working on growing the vertex. I'd be maintaining. Unfortunately, I started thinning 7 years ago, and didn't know what to do at the time. Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have a stubborn thin spot. Luckily for me, I did stop the thinning before it became noticable or a distraction, or a conversation starter.

My plan is to add Revivogen and see it I get more hair to grow. I'm banking on two DHT inhibitors helping. If my vertex grows hair to the point I can spike my hair, I'll experiment with dropping 1 of the 4 again.

I wonder if you can stop minoxidil if you are using folligen?

rockinreel

Reaction score
hair across my forehead, covering my forehead. I had a big gap in front of each temple once. Note the straight shot of my forehead shows tremendous growth across my forehead (temples mostly)

JWM

Reaction score
rockinreel

How do you apply Folligen cream in accordance with Minoxidil? Do you apply the cream immediately after the minoxidil, or do you space them out?

rockinreel

Reaction score
I apply folligen immediately after applying minoxidil. I don't wait for the minoxidil to dry like you are suppose too.

I apply folligen every night, minoxidil morning and night.

JWM

Reaction score
Thanks! Are you still using the cream or have you switched to the spray yet?

rockinreel

Reaction score
I'm still using the cream, but will switch to the spray next. I order everything in bulk, so I'll be using the cream for a while.

Last week I added revivogen to see if it fills in the back of my head. I couldn't be happier with my front hairline.

Revivogen leaves my hair oily feeling, which doesn't aid in concealing your thin spot as clean dry hair does. I have to apply the stuff at night. I'm doing the revivogen for 6 months to see if i get results. If not, I'm stopping usage.

I still have massive amounts of new hair growth on my front hair line even after it has filled completely. I wish that was happening in the back of my head. I probably waited too long to start propecia and a copperpeptide(folligen).

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
rockinreel said:
No I didn't mean propecia is any different that finpecia.

No adding minoxidil wasn't the key. I have been on minoxidil for 7 years. At the 4th year, added propecia and got good results.

At my 5th year, (9 months on propecia, still on minoxidil) I decided to experiment with dropping propecia or minoxidil. I quit propecia, my hair started to fall out. I started back on propecia. 4 months later I quite minoxidil. Hair started falling out again. Now, for a little of a year, I've been on both. Approx 7 months ago I started Folligen with propecia and minoxidil. My bangs completely filled-in, and only because of adding folligen.

My trouble spot is my vertex (back). If I had been on propecia and folligen from the start, I wouldn't be still working on growing the vertex. I'd be maintaining. Unfortunately, I started thinning 7 years ago, and didn't know what to do at the time. Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have a stubborn thin spot. Luckily for me, I did stop the thinning before it became noticable or a distraction, or a conversation starter.

My plan is to add Revivogen and see it I get more hair to grow. I'm banking on two DHT inhibitors helping. If my vertex grows hair to the point I can spike my hair, I'll experiment with dropping 1 of the 4 again.

I wonder if you can stop minoxidil if you are using folligen?

7 years on minoxidil??? :shock: :shock: How could keep on it so long?

I mean, I tried to keep on minoxidil, and had to stay in my house for 2 months, and have no life.. Could you have a normal life while being on minoxidil?

It's impossible to stay so long, do you have any secrets? Can you please explain me how you did?? :shock:

Seriously, it's hard, because minoxidil makes our hair look like sh*t!! And we can wash it and look better, but after that we need to apply it again!!

It's very hard!!

How can someone keep so long on minoxidil and still have a normal life, please explain.

Thanks.

rockinreel

Reaction score
It's not hard to apply minoxidil twice a day. I do it when I brush my teeth. I live with my gf and she knows I do it. You have to get over minoxidil being an extra chore and time consuming. Train your brain it is part of your routine. Patience my young Jedi.

minoxidil doesn't make my hair look like crap, once it dries. Folligen will make it oily feeling so I apply it at night.

I usually always apply a mousse in my hair in the mornings (most of the time). Makes my hair thicker. I let it dry then I unstick the mousse (on the way to work) by rubbing it over the thin spot. So instead of hair being stuck together in a style, I rub the mousse out. The hair is thicker because it still has mousse "particles" attached to it, but doesn't stick to other hairs, which conceals the thin spot a little better. I let the front part of my hair stay "sticky and styled" with the mousse.

I use Nioxin Neo Gel, or Nioxin lift. Some guys started a thread raving some other mousse that thickens your hair the best.

rockinreel