Thailand

matt80

Reaction score
Hi,

After an online assessment administered through 20 photos by a Thai doctor (Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong), its estaimted i need roughly 3000 graphs to thicken the hair from my hairline to my crown. In reality, i might only have half that as money is an issue for me right now and i may just address my hairline. My budget is 6000 usd. Consequently, im thinking of getting my work done in thailand.

Can members offer me any suggestions:
Who they recommend; who they dont; to get more or less done etc.
Basically any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

DirkNowitzki

Reaction score
First off, I'd save money until you can afford to get the required number of grafts. If you go ahead and get half the estimated amount, I have a feeling you would end up being disappointed.

I had a transplant in Thailand just over three weeks ago. I'd recommend Dr. Pathomvanich. Of course its way to early to judge the final product, but he and his staff are very professional. As far as I know, he's the most highly regarded surgeon in Southeast Asia.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'm seeing lots of hair transplant work done in Thailand lately, with some absolutely superb results too.
I'll have to start making notes of the names of the surgeons and clinics.

airic101

Reaction score
DirkNowitzki said:
First off, I'd save money until you can afford to get the required number of grafts. If you go ahead and get half the estimated amount, I have a feeling you would end up being disappointed.

I had a transplant in Thailand just over three weeks ago. I'd recommend Dr. Pathomvanich. Of course its way to early to judge the final product, but he and his staff are very professional. As far as I know, he's the most highly regarded surgeon in Southeast Asia.

what was your cost per graft if you don't mind me asking?

DirkNowitzki

Reaction score
[/quote]

what was your cost per graft if you don't mind me asking?[/quote]

I forget what it was exactly with the exchange rates and all. I paid just over 10K for nearly 3700 grafts.

The dollar isn't as strong as it was just a few years ago. I still estimate that I saved a few thousand even when you factor in airfare and accommodations.

Price was not the deciding factor at all. But hey, I got a vacation, a hair transplant by a skilled doctor, and a few extra bucks left in my pocket.

twinturboGT

Reaction score
Dr. Pathomvanich is very well known and probably offers some of the most value for the money in all of the hair transplant world. One of his students practices in Chiang Mai, his name is Dr. Pong. He does 3500 grafts for around 5000 US I believe; his pricing schedule is listed on his website. I had a procedure done with him in December and I would say I'm getting roughly 90% growth of the transplanted hairs. I also used Tricomin after the procedure in an attempt to prevent the newly transplanted hair's premature entry into the telogen phase. I would say I was successful in preventing ~ 30% of the transplanted hairs from entering a premature telogen phase. Anyhow Dr. Pong's work is first rate as well as his practice philosophy and knowledge. Not only is he very forthcoming with the associated risks and benefits of hair transplantation, he makes every effort to be as accommodating as possible. I highly suggest that you look into these two surgeons.

Megnus

Reaction score
Any news about this guy? I'm going to thailand in two weeks. And seriously considering giving this guy a visit. Although I'm just 20.