Tgates209's Story - ( 35/ Topicals Only (***PICS ADDED***)

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Results look good although your wet hair in the baseline pics made it look worse than it was. Still, you are an inspiration to us non-finasteride users!
That's true, the before pictures were meant to show how crappy the hair was - the latest ones were me trying to look good for going out. Bottom line though, when I stopped, I noticed it gradually deteriorated on the temples. Quite noticeably actually. Now I'm back on and plan on making it a daily routine thing. The foam is easy because it doubles as a mousse or gel very well. I'm also going to only wash the top of my head with nizoral to avoid the irritation all over my scalp.

Thanks again.

amsch

Reaction score
icdalite said:
finasteride upped my sex drive for a good 6 months and now its back to almost normal but still above average....
lucky bastard :woot:

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok - no update other than the fact that I've been on minoxidil foam and nizoral 1% for a month. Will keep you posted.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Excellent result Tgates, thanks for coming back and documenting your success.

I've copied this thread and put it in the 'success stories' sub forum so you have two identical threads in two parts of the forum now.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tgates209 said:
Greetings forum. My name is Tom and I've been reading through this great forum and there is no doubt some awesome information here and a lot of helpful people here - that's cool.

Well, here is my situation - I am 35 years old and noticed 10 years ago a lot more hair falling out in the shower than normal. Like alarming amounts. It slowly subsided over time and settled into a gradual process of a thinning scalp. After looking at the chart, I would say I fall somewhere b/w a Norwood 1 and Norwood 2, so it hasn't reached alarming levels yet, but as time goes by I notice it more in pictures and when I am under the sun or lights. I'm, like, "whoah, my hair is getting thin". This led me to start looking online for some answers - hence I came across this great forum. I noticed some trends - the main one being that minoxidil, finasteride, and Nizoral combination has given the best long term benefits. My issue is with ingesting drugs, especially if one can potentially harm the little friend - yikes! I am wondering where to start. I was thinking about minoxidil and Nizoral, but then hearing about shedding freaks me out so I thought maybe just start with Nizoral. I guess this is where the forum advice will come in. Should I just go ahead and start with both or just try the Nizoral?

Thanks so much in advance!

Tom :newbie:
If you've been losing for 10 years and are still NW2 at worst, I wouldn't really worry about it. Some guys gradually thin out.