Aplunk1

Reaction score
Why do you do this?

[youtube:2ycmwxra]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA[/youtube:2ycmwxra]

george-bush.jpg

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Texas isn't exactly known for being a home for people with great intellectual thought! :laugh:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I really don't want to start a hate thread on Texas--just some of the politics that come from the state.

I don't follow politics to the tooth, but I can't be the only one who feels that Rick Perry is a carbon-copy nitwit, just like Dubya, right?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1)"i'm american and a christian"
i always hear this from americans trying to make a political stance.....does it earn you a cookie?
wow, he is like......a majority

2)"our kids can't openly celebrate christmas"
we have had this argument in the uk for a long time under the claim "it's offensive to muslims" and it is a claim repeated every Christmas, Easter, bank holiday and any number of their religious holidays
it's a flawed, unproven fallicy

3)"our religious heritage"
note to the patriotic: Treaty of Tripoli states "As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws"
(and i am sure one of the founding father of the us stated likewise)

Cassin

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
cassin said:
Meh....they are all the same.
time to dismantle federal governments rather than continually voting for them IMO

I am not sure to what level I agree with you but yeah.

somone uk said:
i always hear this from americans....

Do you?

Aplunk1 said:
I really don't want to start a hate thread on Texas--just some of the politics that come from the state.

Buddy....no matter what state or whether they gave a D , R or L next to their name...they are all hypocritical thieves cut from the same cloth. Its just like people who preach religion and who preach against it. Sure... they come at it from different angles but both are obsessed with other people think and feel like they have the answer.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
somone uk said:

Do you?
ok i was a little to general,
but it seems to be a catch phrase with the american right and i can't believe such a declaration will win favour and votes.
if someone over here said "i'm British, and a Christian" you would be meet with a room full of shrugged shoulders

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
3)"our religious heritage"
note to the patriotic: Treaty of Tripoli states "As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws"
(and i am sure one of the founding father of the us stated likewise)

But the USA was built on Christianity. So was the UK. In fact, most of the west and western society was built on Christianity. The church at one point was responsible for educating people. When the Europeans invaded North American one of the first things they did was introduce Christianity.

The USA does have a religious heritage.

Cassin

Reaction score
somone uk said:
cassin said:
[quote="somone uk":eek:3te11v7]1)"i'm american and a christian"

Do you?
ok i was a little to general,
but it seems to be a catch phrase with the american right and i can't believe such a declaration will win favour and votes.
if someone over here said "i'm British, and a Christian" you would be meet with a room full of shrugged shoulders[/quote:eek:3te11v7]

Ok fair enough.

The thing you have to understand though...American Politics have become such a theatrical production I am not sure I would take it too seriously.

On the other side...you'll have some party members on the other side who are scared to admit their faith.