Tetris' Story

tetris

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this forum by accident and after reading through a decent amount of threads I'm pretty happy I ended up here. I wanted to say hi and eventhough my situation is not unique or special by anymeans.......I wanted to start off by getting my story out there.

Apparently I'm a diffuse thinner -
I had some dense hair, dense enough that I remember her using thinning sissors often. I was like that through high school and most of college. I liked my hair short and usually spiked...pretty common I'd imagine. I probably noticed my temples receeding sometime around my last year at school (senior design time) and probably noticed more hair shedding in the shower than normal.

Honestly, I did not give it much thought; most of my career building was taking place at that time. Maybe a form of denial - Maybe not. I know the last few years I have been saying that yea I'm balding but I don't care, I'll just shave it all off when it gets worse enough. I really think I was just saying that over and over to convince myself that I indeed did not care.
I had to stop kidding myself....I DO care. I just turned 27 a few weeks ago and I have some major thinning over the entire top area of my head along with tempal recession. I'm not sure what to do at this point. At least admitting that this does bother me is a start (although it does not totally consume me). I've been doing research in my sparse freetime to find a regiment that suits me and may bring some relief.
I'm just hoping I can learn from some of you guys and hopefully get a little direction. I don't want to "panic" choose a system for the wrong reasons....so I'm planning to spend enough time to research what I "should" try.
Possibly finasteride/nizoral or some varient of that.

I'll probably try to get some pictures posted later. Thanks for reading :wink:

evie

Reaction score
evie, hair loss

Hi tetris,

I have just read your story, it sounds simular to what I am going through.
Have you seen a dermotoligist? I went years ago, and was diagnosed with Alpopecia, I have been loosing my hair for about 14 years now. It seem to just thin it self out. I have very little on the sides and back of my head. I am having trouble getting through this as well. I'm not looking forward to wearing a wig, but my days are numbered. I thought it was going to be this weekend, but I've made it so far. As for remedies, I didn't use anything but rogain about 10 years ago. It did'nt help me, the doctors had already told me my hair was not going to grow back. They were right, I get very little regrowth, mostly at the forhead, it's reciding right now as well. I too, need support, maybe we can be their for each other.

Sorry about you hair loss contition. Do you have alot of hair that has follown out? Has it just started recently? How long has this been going on for you? If you have not seen a dermotoligist, you probably should, if they may be able to help you, its better to find out before it gets worse.

thanks
Evie

G

I would certainly get on finasteride. Leave minoxidil until you are desperate. You need to stabilise your hair first of all. finasteride is really the only thing that can do this at the moment. minoxidil can re-grow hair but it does not stop the DHT. You need to be on finasteride about a year really to see any results, maybe even longer in some cases.

Just give you some heart. I have been losing my hair since 25 and to be honest it could have been earlier than that. I'm 36 now and still holding on quite well.

Take a look at my pics...

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... sc&start=0