Testosterone therapy while on Finasteride?

matin1991

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I have recently quit finasteride since I eventually experienced some sides. Now I will go to the doctor on Monday and ask for get my testosterone level tested.

Provided that I have a low testosterone level, and I should start in testosterone therapy, then I have 2 questions:

1. Do any of you have any experience in continuing on Finasteride after starting in testosterone therapy? I'd be really happy to maintain my hair, which Propecia has helped me with so far. And for me this seems like the optimal solution to maintain one’s hair without experiencing sexual sides.

2. How does the testosterone therapy actually work? Is it pills I have to take or injections? And would it be a long time treatment or just for a while?

Thank you very much in advance for taking your time to look at my question.

EDIT: I am 24 yrs old if it makes any difference

Last edited:

matin1991

Reaction score
What makes you think that shooting test will solve your finasteride side effects?

Maybe I'm using a wrong expression. What I mean is, that if my testosterone level is low, then I assume that I will get some kind of a testosterone booster by my doctor, which I - again, presume - will solve my sexual sides?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most doctors aren't so quick to prescribe testosterone, especially someone as young as you are. I'm soon to be 48 and lower than normal test. Levels...told to change diet, stress maybe, exercise...just give me some ****ing juice Doctor lol.

matin1991

Reaction score
Most doctors aren't so quick to prescribe testosterone, especially someone as young as you are. I'm soon to be 48 and lower than normal test. Levels...told to change diet, stress maybe, exercise...just give me some ****ing juice Doctor lol.

Haha, get what you're saying, Kidbako. The problem is that I am working out 3 times a week and running 1-2, and eat mostly quite nutritious food actually. So that isn't the problem. Also, before I started at finasteride I could always become, almost instantly even if I was drunk or not.. That's not the case anymore, unfortunately - and I can't see why it should anything else but my test. level that has been ****ed with?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bet your testosterone levels come back normal, however they have testosterone cream and testosterone shots you can get if they come back low. The shots you get once a month and the cream can be used everyday i believe. Either way I doubt it helps your side effects. Having too much testosterone can be a health hazard as well, it is not something to be messed with.

matin1991

Reaction score
I bet your testosterone levels come back normal, however they have testosterone cream and testosterone shots you can get if they come back low. The shots you get once a month and the cream can be used everyday i believe. Either way I doubt it helps your side effects. Having too much testosterone can be a health hazard as well, it is not something to be messed with.

But @Pequod, if it's not my test. level, what could it be then? I can not see anything else that should have any influence on my sexual sides other than (low) test. level?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But @Pequod, if it's not my test. level, what could it be then? I can not see anything else that should have any influence on my sexual sides other than (low) test. level?

You also need to get your estrogen level tested besides testosterone. If it is the estrogen level that's elevated, and that is the female hormone in a male body that messes with a males sexual desire, you can get it lowered by drugs. Higher estrogen=less desire for men

Anyway if I was you this is where I would be looking.