Testing The Theradome Helmet Lllt For Hair Loss

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw the helmet going for cheaper than usual on eBay so I thought i'd give it a try. My story: first began receding at 16 where my sister told me that I was receding and laughed that I would go bald. Since then I have been quite self conscious about it so I purchased the Theradome (I'm 26 now). I started using the Theradome on the 30th of April along with Biotin and Biotin Shampoo (sometimes add Yanaiya Hair Tonic to my hair).

I will update my progress in this thread including pictures

Introduction Video:

Update 1: April 30th - May 29th

Bottom is before , top is after.
Thoughts: there was a few "spuds" of hair which fell out on my front side but there I'm very surprised how fast and long the miniature hairs have grown, hair feels quite abit thicker most likely from the biotin. Some hair have started growing on the front side , not sure if they will stay.

39757C0D-2214-4857-8B5A-943922FD9081.jpg
B98C60B5-337F-465F-B568-A8F44F5798DD.jpg
EDF335D1-9B19-4582-9D14-7689BEAF6960.jpg
B2665E83-CD78-49EC-99DB-A4F029CDE31B.jpg

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should add nizoral 2% shampoo 3 times a week for at the very least a mild anti androgen.

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the support everyone! Definitely not expecting miracles

You should add nizoral 2% shampoo 3 times a week for at the very least a mild anti androgen.

I'll check it out :)
I took Nioxin in the past for awhile and the shedding got a lot worse to be honest. It's a lot better taking Biotin shampoo!

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the support everyone! Definitely not expecting miracles

I'll check it out :)
I took Nioxin in the past for awhile and the shedding got a lot worse to be honest. It's a lot better taking Biotin shampoo!

Nioxin is useless, Nizoral 2% has ketoconazole though which is widely studied and classified as an anti-androgen, and also has various studies showing its efficacy for hairloss. Propecia is king though.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some controlled studies on LLLT utilized laser diodes of specific wavelength. I would want to be sure that anything I purchased would have the same specifications.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had laser treatment for a period of 6 months (once a week). I guess the advantage is the equipment they use has more diodes for better scalp coverage and possibly use a setting with better penetration than what you can buy with helmets (I wish I looked further into details).
In brief,no results other than the claims by the clinic that my scalp health improved, and they attempted to convince me there were signs of growth with a microscopic camera (not convinced). My conclusion is it might have helped and it does no harm,but the time and money invested was not worth my while. Get on the big 3 instead.

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had laser treatment for a period of 6 months (once a week). I guess the advantage is the equipment they use has more diodes for better scalp coverage and possibly use a setting with better penetration than what you can buy with helmets (I wish I looked further into details).
In brief,no results other than the claims by the clinic that my scalp health improved, and they attempted to convince me there were signs of growth with a microscopic camera (not convinced). My conclusion is it might have helped and it does no harm,but the time and money invested was not worth my while. Get on the big 3 instead.

Nice to hear another story based on laser treatment. I'm suffering from a few medical issues so I'd prefer not to take other medications. Minoxidil is an option but if it gets to the point where I'm bald in the middle I'll just buzz :)

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
You started receding when you were 16, now you're 26 so 10 years ago,
and yet your hair looks like maybe you've been losing it for 2 years,
so have you used anything else through those 10 years? maybe you're on finasteride/ru/minoxidil/stemox?
You should mention those things because people here might think that your current hair is a result of that helmet.
Good luck anyway.

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
You started receding when you were 16, now you're 26 so 10 years ago,
and yet your hair looks like maybe you've been losing it for 2 years,
so have you used anything else through those 10 years? maybe you're on finasteride/ru/minoxidil/stemox?
You should mention those things because people here might think that your current hair is a result of that helmet.
Good luck anyway.

Thanks for the comment mate. i have not taken any medication for my hair outside of biotin because I'm diabetic I never thought it would be a good idea. Receding has just been a really slow process to be honest.

I've only used the helmet a bit longer than a week before the video (30th of April) and I took pictures etc so don't worry :).

Marcus S.

My Regimen
Reaction score
@JeanLucBB: Only US $147.60? Dang that's pretty cheap. The one I was eyeing is from HairMax and it cost probably 3-4 times more than that! Do you think more expensive equal more quality in this case?

@Dealing With It : What model are you using and how much did it cost you? For some reason I cannot access theradome's website. Anyway hope you have a good luck with it. I'm in the same boat as you, currently not taking and have never taken any treatment (beside ketoconazole shampoo), well in my case because I'm afraid I can't stay consistent with it.