Testing Out Ru58841for 2 Months And Then Ru Mixed With Minoxidil After

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started on June 8th. I didn't usually do topicals because I wore concealers 24/7, but I have decided take 6 to 8 months off from the agency world and am only using concealers on weekends, when seeing clients and when going to Universal.

Decided now was a good time to test out topicals.

Plan:

Step 1: Using RU58841 peemixed with KB for 2 months. July 8th will be the 1 month mark.

Currently on 10mg oral minoxidil, 1mg finasteride daily. I plan on splitting up the 10mg to 2.5mg 4x a day during month 3.

Step 2: Starting month 3 - microneedling daily; between .25 and .5; doing it for better absorption. Buying 10 grams of powder RU58841 and mixing it into 6 ounces of liquid minoxidil.

Step 3: Starting month 5 I'm adding biweekly microneedling at 0.8 to 1.5.

I'll start posting progress pictures here starting July 8th. I'm seeing possible potential with just the RU. Too early to tell.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It only takes one month to get results with minoxidil plus RU combo.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It only takes one month to get results with minoxidil plus RU combo.

RU58841 with oral minoxidil is looking promising and I'm only on beginning of week 3. I've been getting the itch, but also see some vellus hairs starting to actually budge in length. 90% of my thin spots are covered in vellus hair; it is part of why concealers, especially dermmatch, give me decent coverage.

If all my vellus hairs became terminal I'd only need dermmatch about the size of a US dollar coin a little forward of crown. I'd have more hairstyle choices. I'm going for long hair... I'm down to bottom of ears now.

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interested in this log, looking to add RU to my regimen soon too.

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m ordering from a guy on Alibaba, I was introduced via a group buy.
Good man very helpful and just ordered a third time. His name is Bob if anyone wants to hit him up. Email address below.

2846941311@qq.com

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much ru are you taking

I started out with 2 of the pre mixed 5% 30ml bottles. Bottle 1 lasted me 19 days, so about 1.5ml per dose, 1 dose a day.

I'm on bottle 2 now and using about 1ml. I used extra during first bottle to see if it would speed up results.

I'll do a progress picture at 30 day mark. I'm getting a ton of vellus all over. I'm looking forward to the next step.

Next I'll be mixing 60ml liquid minoxidil mixed with 3 grams of powder RU58841 and a gram of LCLT. I'll be applying this once a day at 1.5ml per dose at night and 1ml of a mixture of 60ml liquid minoxidil and 1.5 grams of LCLT. I'll be dermarolling at .5mm prior to the non RU58841 mixture and .25mm with the RU58841 mixture. Every 2 weeks I'll be taking a 1 day break from any mixture and dermarolling at 1mm to 1.5mm all overscalp, including my good areas..

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started out with 2 of the pre mixed 5% 30ml bottles. Bottle 1 lasted me 19 days, so about 1.5ml per dose, 1 dose a day.

I'm on bottle 2 now and using about 1ml. I used extra during first bottle to see if it would speed up results.

I'll do a progress picture at 30 day mark. I'm getting a ton of vellus all over. I'm looking forward to the next step.

Next I'll be mixing 60ml liquid minoxidil mixed with 3 grams of powder RU58841 and a gram of LCLT. I'll be applying this once a day at 1.5ml per dose at night and 1ml of a mixture of 60ml liquid minoxidil and 1.5 grams of LCLT. I'll be dermarolling at .5mm prior to the non RU58841 mixture and .25mm with the RU58841 mixture. Every 2 weeks I'll be taking a 1 day break from any mixture and dermarolling at 1mm to 1.5mm all overscalp, including my good areas..
Ok, how much do you dermaroll now?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using RU 20mg with some other stuff on the side but I'm having chest pains as of recent and I'm not sure if I should continue

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, how much do you dermaroll now?

I was microneedling weekly, for about 4 months, but stopped back around last September due to having to wear concealers daily. I was doing once a month, but very severe with tons of bleeding. I haven't at all for the last few months. I was seeing decent results with 1.5mm weekly.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using RU 20mg with some other stuff on the side but I'm having chest pains as of recent and I'm not sure if I should continue

So far no sides like that for me. It just feels like my body temperature slightly rises and I was getting slight brain fog for the first week. I'm honestly kinda impressed with my results in this short amount if tine. If all my vellus hair went thick and terminal I'd only have a quarter sized spot left to have to conceal.

My problem has always been that I have had minutuarized hair with coverage, which is why concealers work great for me, but my density of vellus hairs has easily doubled.

Edit: another side is scalp itch. It freaked me out at first because I had a lot of scalp itch when I was originally starting to lose my hair. I shed the first 10 days, shedding has stopped, but the itch continues.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm getting results. I started zix and needling first and my itch went away. I'm just worried about these sides on ru which is why I'm lowering my dose to 15mg, hopefully still enough to get results considering my low scalp strength

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm getting results. I started zix and needling first and my itch went away. I'm just worried about these sides on ru which is why I'm lowering my dose to 15mg, hopefully still enough to get results considering my low scalp strength

I may start RU soon. How would you compare them? I am going to use both anyways (5ARI+ARA) but would like to know how RU compares

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dermarolling at .25mm is usually recommended for absorption isn’t it so would you be rolling and then applying after? It’s my impression you don’t want to encourage RU to go any more systemic than it already does, may be worth considering that.

I may start RU soon. How would you compare them? I am going to use both anyways (5ARI+ARA) but would like to know how RU compares
Yeah I’m in the same boat, I think inhibiting DHT from both angles could yield some decent results, once I can get my bloods tested il be starting RU.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling at .25mm is usually recommended for absorption isn’t it so would you be rolling and then applying after? It’s my impression you don’t want to encourage RU to go any more systemic than it already does, may be worth considering that.

Yeah I’m in the same boat, I think inhibiting DHT from both angles could yield some decent results, once I can get my bloods tested il be starting RU.
Isn’t it ok to dermaroll once a week at 1mm or so if you wait 24 hours to apply ru58841?

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t it ok to dermaroll once a week at 1mm or so if you wait 24 hours to apply ru58841?
Yeah that’s fine, personally I would do 1.5mm.

I was originally replying to where he said he would be dermarolling .25mm on the day of RU application, unless I misunderstood something.

TitsWillSag

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m ordering from a guy on Alibaba, I was introduced via a group buy.
Good man very helpful and just ordered a third time. His name is Bob if anyone wants to hit him up. Email address below.

2846941311@qq.com
are you ordering RU ? im also planning to buy from Alibaba. There are 7 years+ gold suppliers Verified by leading inspection companies. looks totally legit to me.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm not as worried as I probably should be about the RU going systematic. I've never had sides from finasteride or even dutasteride. If it gives sides then I'll only microneedle for the non RU mixture. I believe that some people have thicker skin than others and that influences the effectiveness of topicals. Considering I was able to microneedle at 2mm at my crown with only mild discomfort, I think I might benefit from the better absorption. I've tried topical foam minoxidil in the past with insignificant results, which is part of why I'm doing liquid this time (also because I plan on customizing it).

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not as worried as I probably should be about the RU going systematic. I've never had sides from finasteride or even dutasteride. If it gives sides then I'll only microneedle for the non RU mixture. I believe that some people have thicker skin than others and that influences the effectiveness of topicals. Considering I was able to microneedle at 2mm at my crown with only mild discomfort, I think I might benefit from the better absorption. I've tried topical foam minoxidil in the past with insignificant results, which is part of why I'm doing liquid this time (also because I plan on customizing it).
Considering I might have had sides on 25mg a day, I likely have a thin skin layer which could make lighter doses of topicals effective for me

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would lower your dosage of 10mg oral min to 5mg but that's just me, 5mg in studies was shown to be effective with no changes to ECG results. Splitting up the dosage won't make any diffrerence either i think, the vasodilation effects of oral minoxidil last like 72 hours or something, im sure even though it has a short half life it its doing it's job in regards to hair once at night or during the day, i just take mine with 100mg spironolactone at night. It's up to you though.