• Stop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go through

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

honesty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm 21 years old and started losing hair, especially my hairline rapidly since 17-18.

Previously i tried oral Finasteride for 1 month and quit because sides.
Also microneedling 1.5mm 1x in 5 days and Minoxidil daily for 2 months and i thought all this was making me worse, so i quit everything all together.

Someone I know recommended me to try this Occuba Active anti hair loss serum and sent me pictures of how it helped over 1 month. Of course i was (and still am) very skeptical about it, but i decided to give it a try after reading some positive russian reviews i found by googling the name of this thing.

It says that i should use it 3-4 times a week. So i used it 3 times already for a week and I think my hairline and hair overall is getting worse.
h1.png
h2.png

I know the light is different, but still, even with a positive mindset i could see that it's easier to see through my hair after using this for a week and in the shower i lost way more hair than usual.

So i decided to come here for advice, i've been a long time lurker and this will be my first post.
I will post the ingredients here and i want to ask you guys for advice, if i should go through for the whole month with this or i should ditch this.

So the ingredients are:
AQUA (WATER)
ALCOHOL DENAT
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
PROPYLINE GLYCOL
PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL,
GLYCERIN,
MENTHOL,
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE,
INOSITOL,
PANTHENYL,
ETHYL ETHER,
GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL,
ACETYL CYSTEINE,
ACETYL METHIONINE,
LACTIS PROTEINUM EXTRACT,
LACTOSE,
SODIUM CITRATE,
ARNICA MONTANA FLOWER EXTRACT,
CITRIC ACID,
TOCOPHEROL,
ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT,
EUCALYPTUS GLOBALUS LEAF OIL,
CINNAMOMUM CAMPHORA WOOD OIL,
PINUS SPECIES TWIG LEAF OIL,
ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF OIL,
CAMPHOR,
PEG-35 CASTOR OIL,
POLYSORBATE 20,
AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANUM (HORSE CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT,
RETINYL PALMITATE,
CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE,
BIOTIN,
LINOLEIC ACID.

Last edited:

honesty

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the picture i got sent. At first I thought it's actual regrowth, but in reality seems like they just left some hair there, didn't completely pull them all back. What do you guys think? Also i had dandruff issues in the past that i fixed and now after using this thing it seems like i have dandruff and itchy scalp again. Oh well, i think i will go through with this sh*t, i just wanted some input from you guys. I know some of you understand if i should stop this before i make it worse just by looking at the ingredients.
Gt5J1Hv.jpg

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only thing that can help there is the AC, pretty much not enough.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know or have heard of application on many of the components. I would think it wouldn't do enough at all, especially vs such an early Androgenetic Alopecia.

Maybe try topical finasteride on a low dose, it has a much lower DHT serum reduction and therefore less sides. Starting to bald that early, not sure if there is a natural treatment that I know that will save your hair. I would bet all my money this occuba active is not gonna save your hair.

side note: I wouldn't worry about short term effects, nothing is gonna kill your hair in a week. If you're losing hair as it might seem you might be, it's definitely not because of something you put on your hair unless it's acid lol treatments take time
I have been using minoxidil for 4 months, and the first month I definitely looked worse, which by the way is a sign that the treatment is going very well, then things improved.

honesty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments, guys!
I ditched this Occuba thing, all it did was, it gave me dandruff that i fixed with nizoral. Started Minoxidil for a week, but it gives me these weird flakes (seborrheic dermatitis?) on my hairline and things got noticeably worse, hair falling everywhere. So I read online that if it gives me seborrheic dermatitis I should stop using it.
So i stopped it, just sticking with nizoral and going to introduce derma roller again and deciding on Topical Finasteride or RU.
Which one should i use or even both? Looking forward to hear from you guys!