Testicular Atrohpy from Finasteride

nohairnofair

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been on finasteride for 3.5 months or so at about 1/1.25 mg a day. I have maybe 2 or 3 side-effects, one being testicular atrophy or testicle shrinkage. I know for a fact that I'm experiencing this because I use to hold or cup my testicles before finasteride on the regular (don't ask, I just do). My testicles still hang but feel less full and sometimes become too wrinkly. I have no ED, and my libido is good as ever. Erections still solid.

But I'm worried now. Testicular shrinkage can lead to all those side-effects aforementioned. I'm not sure as what to do at the moment. I'm just wondering if there's anybody who went through this while on finasteride and what they ended up doing. For now, I'm thinking of decreasing my dosage to 0.5mg and abstaining from sex but it's hard when it's being offered. At least, I'll stop masturbating.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Mine are too, you must be talking about the bag.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
op's testicules ->
134772435.jpg

solution ->
stock-photo-sharpei-puppy-with-wrinkles-pinned-back-with-clothes-pegs-51845221.jpg

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been on finasteride for 3.5 months or so at about 1/1.25 mg a day. I have maybe 2 or 3 side-effects, one being testicular atrophy or testicle shrinkage. I know for a fact that I'm experiencing this because I use to hold or cup my testicles before finasteride on the regular (don't ask, I just do). My testicles still hang but feel less full and sometimes become too wrinkly. I have no ED, and my libido is good as ever. Erections still solid.

But I'm worried now. Testicular shrinkage can lead to all those side-effects aforementioned. I'm not sure as what to do at the moment. I'm just wondering if there's anybody who went through this while on finasteride and what they ended up doing. For now, I'm thinking of decreasing my dosage to 0.5mg and abstaining from sex but it's hard when it's being offered. At least, I'll stop masturbating.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

me
it took 8 months.
ended up dealing with the worst abdominal pain, urine pain, testicle pain.
Thought I had ghonerea but it was the finasteride

Start getting your T levels checked. Mine were SUPER LOW when this started.
Took a LONG time to reverse.

nohairnofair

Reaction score
me
it took 8 months.
ended up dealing with the worst abdominal pain, urine pain, testicle pain.
Thought I had ghonerea but it was the finasteride

Start getting your T levels checked. Mine were SUPER LOW when this started.
Took a LONG time to reverse.

Thanks for your response, it's very much appreciated. I just have a few more questions if you don't mind.

How did you reverse it?
What is a long time to reverse?

And I take it that you don't use finasteride anymore, but would you consider RU or topical finasteride?

Look guys, I'm not imagining this. I wish I was. If you were in my situation, you would understand. Thanks for any help however.

ibensley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Following, in the same situation. Stopped after 1 week because of intense pain down there + chest burning. Now I don't mind waiting a couple of months for things to balance out as a punishment for being dumb enough to play around with my hormones - but I just pray that it eventually does return to normal or near enough (no pain and normal size) not after years :(

I find that paracetamol helps when I get it, but I can't imagine having sex while I'm in a pain cycle.

Also have slightly enlarged breast with some pain behind it which I hope will also go down once my hormones re-balance.