Tenderness Of Breast After Just Tried Propecia Three Times

lbrobinho

My Regimen
Reaction score
I begun to take Propecia last week, and in first two days, I took it very well, until I read a article about Propecia's side effect -- gynecomastia, and suddenly, I feel my breast a little bit uncomfortable, and I stopped Propecia for two days, and only took it once during last weekend.

And since the last time I took Propecia, it already has been one week, my left nipple is still sensitive and I take off my shirts to let me feel good because When I wear clothes, my breast feel uncomfortable.

I am not really sure it is just psychological effect or physical effect, because I am the person who really has sensitive nipples, I don't allow anyone even me touch my nipples.

I will go to see the doctor soon but I just want to know if anyone has similar issues, like even quit taking finasteride for one week, still feel uncomfortable from nipple?

By the way, which type of doctor should I go? endocrinologist or dermatologist?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably endo as it has to do w/ hormonal changes. I think it woul be really quick to get gyno from 3 doses though...

lbrobinho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably endo as it has to do w/ hormonal changes. I think it woul be really quick to get gyno from 3 doses though...
So I think it gyno might be in my mind, but I don't know how to overcome it because I really feel uncomfortable.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were fine until you read that finasteride could cause gynomastia then I am pretty sure it's in your head.

Thomas Aquarius

My Regimen
Reaction score
This would certainly seem to be a case of worrying yourself into a side effect. I would bet on this being a manufactured issue right now. However, I would advise anyone to be cognizant of their bodies and what you are experiencing. If you are concerned with sides, you may want to think about other treatments if this is a hurdle you are unable to overcome.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
im getting gyno from dutasteride only, does your nipple harden sometimes or does it puff up? does it feel really sensitive on touch by hand? those could be signs

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
I begun to take Propecia last week, and in first two days, I took it very well, until I read a article about Propecia's side effect -- gynecomastia, and suddenly, I feel my breast a little bit uncomfortable, and I stopped Propecia for two days, and only took it once during last weekend.

And since the last time I took Propecia, it already has been one week, my left nipple is still sensitive and I take off my shirts to let me feel good because When I wear clothes, my breast feel uncomfortable.

I am not really sure it is just psychological effect or physical effect, because I am the person who really has sensitive nipples, I don't allow anyone even me touch my nipples.

I will go to see the doctor soon but I just want to know if anyone has similar issues, like even quit taking finasteride for one week, still feel uncomfortable from nipple?

By the way, which type of doctor should I go? endocrinologist or dermatologist?
You had a side effect by reading about side effects. You can't have gyno after three times and gyno is tissue, a hard lump

lbrobinho

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were fine until you read that finasteride could cause gynomastia then I am pretty sure it's in your head.
Maybe my nipple already got a problem before I take finasteride, and
im getting gyno from dutasteride only, does your nipple harden sometimes or does it puff up? does it feel really sensitive on touch by hand? those could be signs
My nipples are always sensitive on touch by hand before I take finasteride, maybe afraid of being touched is more accurate.

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d listen to @shidoin if I were you.

Developing gyno after 3 doses seems impossible to me. Also, I had mild gyno when I hit puberty and I isn’t just ‘an uncomfortable feeling’. It’s a hard lump under your nipple that’s really sensitive if you touch/press it. Try to take your mind of for a while mate and just monitor the situation.

lbrobinho

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d listen to @shidoin if I were you.

Developing gyno after 3 doses seems impossible to me. Also, I had mild gyno when I hit puberty and I isn’t just ‘an uncomfortable feeling’. It’s a hard lump under your nipple that’s really sensitive if you touch/press it. Try to take your mind of for a while mate and just monitor the situation.
Yes, Thanks for advice, I touch my part under my nipple, no hard lump, I just feel sore, maybe it's just in my mind. But I will keep watch it.

lbrobinho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Updated: I take three times this week, everytime is 0.25 or 0.5 mg, my right nipples feels pain, a real pain. Even though I don't find any lump, but I think it might be a sign for gyno, so I will talk to my Doctor next Monday.

Jimley

Reaction score
I took finasteride 1mg for 10 months before I had that side effect. It took about a year for it to resolve.