Tendentially, Are Men Going Bald Earlier Than In The Past?

sinusoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think men are going bald any earlier but it could seem that way based on our exposure to many more people via social media and the internet.

I'm an archivist and as such I see a LOT of historical film and photos from the past 100+ years in high resolution and I see as many if not MORE receding hairlines and bald spots on young men in large crowds from the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s, high school yearbooks etc.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and at least we have finasteride that can drastically slow it down. imagine being around in the 70's, watching your hair fall out and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do to slow it down, knowing in 5 years you will be stuck with a grown out horseshoe

Seems like it wouldn't have mattered what era I lived in since the strongest treatment we have today (finasteride) didn't work for me. Currently trying the prostaglandin approach (oral seti) and it seems that's not working either.

As horrible as it sounds, people still managed to cope though. I think these days there is far more pressure to have decent hair, particularly as a millennial. The internet-driven world we live in has done this to us.

Great point! There definitely seems to be far more pressure for people to look good these days thanks to the internet/social media.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seems like it wouldn't have mattered what era I lived in since the strongest treatment we have today (finasteride) didn't work for me. Currently trying the prostaglandin approach (oral seti) and it seems that's not working either.

how long were you on finasteride for ?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I definitely think it's more common now. I've heard plenty of older people remark on it, it's noticeable in older media that it wasn't as prevalent, etc. Can't look for it at the moment, but I do recall even HLC2020 had an article about it.

A theory I've thought about, and heard echoed, is that it is indeed a fact that with child obesity rates as well as just superior nutrition in general, children are entering puberty a lot earlier than from like Gen X onward. It used to be a trope in movies from the 70s and sh*t, about the girl who is like 14 or maybe older and has yet to sprout her first pube. Not anymore. sh*t, I remember when I was 11 years old, there was this girl in my class who was just a year older than the rest of us, and no bullshit: Already had DD tits, easy. Insane.

If people are "developing" faster, it stands to reason that earlier hairloss may be connected.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how long were you on finasteride for ?

11 months and I had bad shedding throughout the 11 months. Not 100% sure if it was increasing shedding, but if anything it was failing to reduce shedding, which at the very least is what it was supposed to do.

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone can fap. Some will lose hair, some will not. Fapping has nothing to do with it however.

you're just making yourself feel better about it, there IS a link between fapping and hair loss

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is zero evidence for this, nor is there a underlying mechanism that could explain a certain relationship between the two.

There IS an underlying mechanism, fapping rises testosterones levels, part of which gets converted into DHT

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is zero evidence for this, nor is there a underlying mechanism that could explain a certain relationship between the two.
Zero evidence because it hasn't been studied. Common sense says it raises dht levels. And theirs also a.loss of.zinc

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in college and balding rate amongst 18-24 year old males in my campus -i would say- below %10. Balding rate for women is probably under %2. All my friends except for one or two are fullheads. Premature graying is much more common, both in men and women.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say definitely not.. every c*** I look at has a perfect full head. Even older men with that tennis ball head hair is the worst. You ever see someone and think “you lucky bastard”. The older ones who are more susceptible to it are definitely losing it quicker.. blame all the Chinese takeaways and chocolate bar diet.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're just making yourself feel better about it, there IS a link between fapping and hair loss
I also think so. There' s definitely a link between fapping and hair loss but obviously not a very solid one. I was on NoFap for almost 3 months and I regrew a decent amount of hair by using Nizoral alone. Some would say I was lucky, other would say NoFap helped me, who knows? When I got back into this bad habit my hair regrowth stagnated. Now I have thinner hair than during the NoFap period. Nonetheless, I also had a bad experience. On day 7 of NoFap, allegedly when you' re supposed to get the famous testosterone boost, my hairline got even thinner overnight. I was definitely expecting to become NW1 by now judging from the amazing progress I witnessed, but now my hairline looks like crap, but at least it's less receded than before. Recently I reduced fapping to once every two weeks , I'm curious to see if I get improvements. If I do, then there's no doubt that masturbation accelerates the balding process.

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also think so. There' s definitely a link between fapping and hair loss but obviously not a very solid one. I was on NoFap for almost 3 months and I regrew a decent amount of hair by using Nizoral alone. Some would say I was lucky, other would say NoFap helped me, who knows? When I got back into this bad habit my hair regrowth stagnated. Now I have thinner hair than during the NoFap period. Nonetheless, I also had a bad experience. On day 7 of NoFap, allegedly when you' re supposed to get the famous testosterone boost, my hairline got even thinner overnight. I was definitely expecting to become NW1 by now judging from the amazing progress I witnessed, but now my hairline looks like crap, but at least it's less receded than before. Recently I reduced fapping to once every two weeks , I'm curious to see if I get improvements. If I do, then there's no doubt that masturbation accelerates the balding process.

I don't see a point in nofapping for two weeks only then relapsing

You don't even leave the time for your testosterone levels to stabilize

I haven't fapped for 1 month now, and the proofs are right in front of me in the mirror, I'm back to being a NW1 with no meds at all (had some thinning going on at the temples before I started nofapping)

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see a point in nofapping for two weeks only then relapsing

You don't even leave the time for your testosterone levels to stabilize

I haven't fapped for 1 month now, and the proofs are right in front of me in the mirror, I'm back to being a NW1 with no meds at all (had some thinning going on at the temples before I started nofapping)
Honestly, I have a hard time believing that, it's biologically impossible to regrow hair within one month. Nofapping for only two weeks is not enough, yeah, could be true. I literally don't have any movation to nofap for an entire month but I guess I am forced to do it , so that I can definitely say if it works or not

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is not period thing. Baldness was prevalent in ancestral times. I think it was rampant then.
So baldness severity and prevalence ,age onset has been same through out the history ,distance or recent.
Baldness is evolutionarily selected trait to sideline older males from copulation. If all males were attractive to females then competition could have resulted in massive damage to social structure. So male pattern baldness is natures way to tell older men that "your time is over man,you are no longer attractive to women."

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is not period thing. Baldness was prevalent in ancestral times. I think it was rampant then.
So baldness severity and prevalence ,age onset has been same through out the history ,distance or recent.
Baldness is evolutionarily selected trait to sideline older males from copulation. If all males were attractive to females then competition could have resulted in massive damage to social structure. So male pattern baldness is natures way to tell older men that "your time is over man,you are no longer attractive to women."
So my time was over before it even began? I'm 18