Tendentially, Are Men Going Bald Earlier Than In The Past?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just my impression? I wonder why, any hypothesis?

EDIT: By "past" I mean 80s or 90s not human history

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I watched some old 80's news clips/interviews on youtube and the guys were thinning in their early to mid 20's a lot then too.

I think, like everything today, things seem more prevalent and bigger because we are so much more opened now and are more connected.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently I heard this joke:

“Our descendants will one day ask one another Do you wanna see 100,000 pictures of my great-great grandfather?”

In the meanwhile, in the family photo album there isn’t a picture of my father from when he was 30 to 50

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently I heard this joke:

“Our descendants will one day ask one another Do you wanna see 100,000 pictures of my great-great grandfather?”

In the meanwhile, in the family photo album there isn’t a picture of my father from when he was 30 to 50
My father was NW4 at 28, lol. I wonder when he began receding, his hair looked kind of decent at 24 if I remember correctly
I watched some old 80's news clips/interviews on youtube and the guys were thinning in their early to mid 20's a lot then too.

I think, like everything today, things seem more prevalent and bigger because we are so much more opened now and are more connected.
Fair enough, but what about before WW2? I'm sure people used to go bald much later in life than we do nowadays. Also that is what happened to the Japanese.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"They've definitely got 18 year olds, and said hairloss at 15, although rear, is becoming more common."
This is what a user wrote on his thread, this clinic reported that premature balding is becoming more common

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well i dunno where i work has about 300 16-18 year olds and they all have perfect heads of hair. only seen 1 balding guy at 18 in 10 years. hair jealousy is real

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well i dunno where i work has about 300 16-18 year olds and they all have perfect heads of hair. only seen 1 balding guy at 18 in 10 years. hair jealousy is real
That nuked my ego

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"They've definitely got 18 year olds, and said hairloss at 15, although rear, is becoming more common."
This is what a user wrote on his thread, this clinic reported that premature balding is becoming more common
It's.the growth hormones in our food. That creates hormone imbalance. .

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been thinking this too for a long time. I have even started noticing young teens balding - my little brother being one of them NW2 at 16.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That nuked my ego

it sucks when you are NW4/NW5 and everywhere you look, you see this. it really makes me feel 50 years older.
images.jpg

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been thinking this too for a long time. I have even started noticing young teens balding - my little brother being one of them NW2 at 16.
Yeh sucks.kids can fap.all.day long and no hair loss. Others arnt so Lucky

The Balding Boulder

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we are just more aware of it. In fact, I think many of us these days are more aware even when somebody is at the very early stages of balding. We're looking out for it more than ever. I'm pretty sure a few decades ago there just wasn't anything you could do apart from wear a sh*t looking wig or have a dodgy combover. Don't think shaved heads were socially acceptable so much back then.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we are just more aware of it. In fact, I think many of us these days are more aware even when somebody is at the very early stages of balding. We're looking out for it more than ever. I'm pretty sure a few decades ago there just wasn't anything you could do apart from wear a sh*t looking wig or have a dodgy combover. Don't think shaved heads were socially acceptable so much back then.

Right and even though balding does suck and the treatments have downsides we at least have treatments, concealers that are actually amazing (like Topikk) and other options that help hide the balding areas that once again are not your 1950's toupee.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and at least we have finasteride that can drastically slow it down. imagine being around in the 70's, watching your hair fall out and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do to slow it down, knowing in 5 years you will be stuck with a grown out horseshoe

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and at least we have finasteride that can drastically slow it down. imagine being around in the 70's, watching your hair fall out and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do to slow it down, knowing in 5 years you will be stuck with a grown out horseshoe

Basically my father's life, told me he used to have weekly scalp injections of i don't know what from top notch derms, NW7 at 22...

134130803944.gif I'll break the curse though 134130803944.gif

Last edited:

The Balding Boulder

My Regimen
Reaction score
As horrible as it sounds, people still managed to cope though. I think these days there is far more pressure to have decent hair, particularly as a millennial. The internet-driven world we live in has done this to us.