Ten-year update

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say just stick with it,, it took 2 years for a cosmetic result for me.

I still lose a ton of hair in the shower etc but I guess it gets replaced as theres no apparent change to density

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
btw spanishlad, did minoxidil cause a shed for you? you like your hairline looking worse in the initital 4 5 monthis of minoxidil application. i am wondering if i shd incorporate it back in my regime. i used 2% minoxidil once daily and i think it did not do much. started finasteride and chucked the min, i dunno if hair near my hairline is a bit thinner due to quitting min or shed from the finasteride. bummer!!

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on that, Spanishlad? I seem to keep losing hair.. Shedding, shedding, shedding. Some days it seems better than other, yet I'm still below month 3 or 4, that was my peak. Now almost one year. Should I keep on finasteride (and minoxidil) or should I start dutasteride already?

Sidenote: I'm on minoxidil for two years now, could it be that the increased shedding is due to diminishing results of minoxidil?

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Isishearmyplea.. I would guess that the hair line thinning is due to dropping the minoxidil. Bear in mind I didnt notice minoxidil doing anything until after I started finasteride and even then results were only with twice daily application.

Koga.. I still see loads of hair in the shower but its normal to lose 100+ hairs a day its whether or not they are being replaced that counts.

In the first year of using finasteride I would say I dropped below baseline then slowly recovered and been pretty stable ever since.

Hope this helps :)

Notmuchthere432

Reaction score
Thanks Jay, I just passed the 14 year mark with Rogaine, and I too, was an old Poster here back in the day...I am starting finasteride now, after I think I've gotten all I can out of minoxidil.

Does Bryan still post here? LOL.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score