Tempted To Hope On Propecia Again After A Week Of Stopping

verc88

My Regimen
Reaction score
i bought a month supply of propecia almost 2 weeks ago, and i started the very same day. I took 1mg for the next 4 days and thought i was getting sides, although it could have just been placebo, but i did get a mild testicle ache which i've heard is normal. The other thing i noticed was a lack of spontaneous erections and it just seemed harder to get an erection, and watching p**rn just didn't get me excited like it did before. I felt like it could have been the start of some irreversible damage had i kept going so i decided to just stop completely. Its been almost a week now and feel that the propecia has left my system, and feel back to normal, although im tempted to go at it again, only thing is i've noticed a trend where guys who start the second time seem to get the bad side effects. Just really looking for advice. Is it safe to take again after 1 week cessation? should i lower the dose and frequency of taking the drug etc?

I would also like other long term users experiences on how they reacted to the drug

Nighttrainer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went on Finasteride and tried it for 29 days and then I had to stop taking it.
It's unfortunate too because I really wanted to add it to my regimen of Minoxidil, Laser cap, DHT reducing shampoo & derma-rolling.

About 15 days into it, I noticed my erections were getting very soft. 25 days into it I found it very difficult to get an erection. This issue was constantly on my mind because I never in my life ever had any problems with erectile dysfunction. On day #29 I stopped taking the drug altogether because I could not get an erection at all. A side effect like this was unacceptable.

I'm now about 10 days without taking a pill and I think I'm back to normal.

I'm very disappointed that I had such a horrific reaction to the 1mg pill. I really, really wanted it to help me out with my receding hairline and I know I gave it an honest trial. Obviously the Finasteride doesn't affect everybody like this but it certainly affected me.

I have to admit that I'm tempted to start taking the 1mg Finasteride pill once a week to see if I can lower the production of DHT and not have any side affects but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.