Temporary repairs to "hair system" by inserting ghost bond under tape.

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I've been wearing a system for a couple of months and plan to go abroad for a while where I won't have access to a clinic and it may be difficult to take the system off and re-install. I use tape only. If the front tape starts to detach I believe it's possible to gain a temporary hold by inserting ghost bond under the tape (?) Can anyone tell me the best implement to use for this? I obviously don't want anything sharp that might damage the lace, but it also needs to be delicate enough to get a very small amount of ghost bond into position. I'd be very grateful for any tips. thanks.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use a small makeup brush or a wooden spatula (the kind used to apply cream on the body, such as this: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1u09n...lon-Hair-Epilation-Stick-Tools-Pretty-Wax.jpg

Moving forward, though, you would be far better of learning how to do your own maintenance, cleaning, attachment/detachment of your hair system. It'll give you much more control of everything. There's a bit of a learning curve, but once you've learned it you won't look back.

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use a small makeup brush or a wooden spatula (the kind used to apply cream on the body, such as this: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1u09n...lon-Hair-Epilation-Stick-Tools-Pretty-Wax.jpg

Moving forward, though, you would be far better of learning how to do your own maintenance, cleaning, attachment/detachment of your hair system. It'll give you much more control of everything. There's a bit of a learning curve, but once you've learned it you won't look back.
Thanks for replying. Very helfpul. And yes, I want to learn how to do my own maintenance: not least so I don't have to return to the clinic too often (I'd rather not try and trim what's left of my hair so I will still want to go back occasionally). My plan is to have one more re-install at the clinic and then have a go myself. PS When I do this I will draw a couple of lines on my forehead to guide where the system should go back when I re-attach. Do you know what is best to use for this? An eyebrow pencil, or something like that perhaps??

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Very helfpul.

You're very welcome.

My plan is to have one more re-install at the clinic and then have a go myself. PS When I do this I will draw a couple of lines on my forehead to guide where the system should go back when I re-attach. Do you know what is best to use for this? An eyebrow pencil, or something like that perhaps??

I use an eyebrow pencil.

I clean all the excess tape/glue off my forehead with isopropyl dabbed on a cotton pad. Then I usually wash my bio hair. I do the same with the hair system/base itself, plus I apply Back2Natural colour correcting conditioner to correct any fading has occurred due to exposure to sunlight, bright lights etc.

Next, before I shave the area where my hair system goes, I place my template on my head and draw round it with an eyebrow pencil. If you don't have a template, you can make one to match the shape your hair system base by using cling film and Sellotape. I make the hairline start exactly 1cm above the first frown line I have on my forehead (in the centre of my eyebrows - I use a small piece of cardboard I've made exactly 1cm wide to measure this gap)). You may use some other method to get the exact position of your hairline edge. So once I've drawn round the template, this tells me where I need to shave my bio hair.

Next, once the bio hair has been shaved, I use a cotton pad dabbed with isopropyl to get rid of the lines I've drawn with the eyebrow pencil, except for the first mark above the centre of my eyebrows where the hairline starts. I tape the hair system up round the edge (except for the very middle of the hairline, since I wear my hair in centre parting so I glue the area where parting starts). I line the start of the centre parting up with the mark from the eyebrow pencil, and with the parting quite straight. By doing this, the rest of the hair system is automatically in place. If you don't have a parting, you can still use a similar method.

I then use an Alice band to hold my hair system in place, thus freeing up both my hands so I can peel off the backing on the tape to attach the system. I peel off the backing tape on each side of my hairline and press the front into place. I then peel off one side and attach, then the same the other side. Finally, I peel off the tape at the back of the system . I get a perfectly aligned attachment this way. Some people say you should attach from the back first - I used to do that, but I found I got more consistent result by attaching the tape from the front first as it enable me to get the hairline in the exact position.

Finally, I wipe of the eyebrow pencil mark at the start of my hairline and I apply glue to my forehead a where the front of the centre part on the hair system goes. I allow it 10 mins or so to dry, then I press the hair system down exactly 1cm above my first frown line, and hold for 10 seconds.

Voila, I get very consistent attachments this way. This all may sound complicated, but it's easy once you get the hang of it. Everyone will find their own little tricks to get a perfect attachment. I suggest you check out some of Curtis' videos from MHE for more info on attachment, detachment etc (he has a good ebook too).

I wear a custom made all Swiss lace system, roughly 10 inches long since I like a longer 'rocker' hair sort of look, but my method of attachment still works with shorter hair. I still have some bio hair on my back and sides, so my hair system covers my balding area on top and blends in nicely with my bio hair.

If you have any questions about hair system maintenance, feel free to ask. We're here to help each other on their hair system journeys. Good luck!

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If tape lifts try dabbling 99%Alcohol under tape and also clean your scalp with alcohol . It revives the tape glue...
When this happens to me i use ultrahold or clear glues, as opposed to white water-based glues because tape dont use water-based glues.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If tape lifts try dabbling 99%Alcohol under tape and also clean your scalp with alcohol . It revives the tape glue...
When this happens to me i use ultrahold or clear glues, as opposed to white water-based glues because tape dont use water-based glues.
Does it also revive glue?

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're very welcome.

I use an eyebrow pencil.

I clean all the excess tape/glue off my forehead with isopropyl dabbed on a cotton pad. Then I usually wash my bio hair. I do the same with the hair system/base itself, plus I apply Back2Natural colour correcting conditioner to correct any fading has occurred due to exposure to sunlight, bright lights etc.

Next, before I shave the area where my hair system goes, I place my template on my head and draw round it with an eyebrow pencil. If you don't have a template, you can make one to match the shape your hair system base by using cling film and Sellotape. I make the hairline start exactly 1cm above the first frown line I have on my forehead (in the centre of my eyebrows - I use a small piece of cardboard I've made exactly 1cm wide to measure this gap)). You may use some other method to get the exact position of your hairline edge. So once I've drawn round the template, this tells me where I need to shave my bio hair.

Next, once the bio hair has been shaved, I use a cotton pad dabbed with isopropyl to get rid of the lines I've drawn with the eyebrow pencil, except for the first mark above the centre of my eyebrows where the hairline starts. I tape the hair system up round the edge (except for the very middle of the hairline, since I wear my hair in centre parting so I glue the area where parting starts). I line the start of the centre parting up with the mark from the eyebrow pencil, and with the parting quite straight. By doing this, the rest of the hair system is automatically in place. If you don't have a parting, you can still use a similar method.

I then use an Alice band to hold my hair system in place, thus freeing up both my hands so I can peel off the backing on the tape to attach the system. I peel off the backing tape on each side of my hairline and press the front into place. I then peel off one side and attach, then the same the other side. Finally, I peel off the tape at the back of the system . I get a perfectly aligned attachment this way. Some people say you should attach from the back first - I used to do that, but I found I got more consistent result by attaching the tape from the front first as it enable me to get the hairline in the exact position.

Finally, I wipe of the eyebrow pencil mark at the start of my hairline and I apply glue to my forehead a where the front of the centre part on the hair system goes. I allow it 10 mins or so to dry, then I press the hair system down exactly 1cm above my first frown line, and hold for 10 seconds.

Voila, I get very consistent attachments this way. This all may sound complicated, but it's easy once you get the hang of it. Everyone will find their own little tricks to get a perfect attachment. I suggest you check out some of Curtis' videos from MHE for more info on attachment, detachment etc (he has a good ebook too).

I wear a custom made all Swiss lace system, roughly 10 inches long since I like a longer 'rocker' hair sort of look, but my method of attachment still works with shorter hair. I still have some bio hair on my back and sides, so my hair system covers my balding area on top and blends in nicely with my bio hair.

If you have any questions about hair system maintenance, feel free to ask. We're here to help each other on their hair system journeys. Good luck!
Again, that's extremely helpful. Many thanks. Early days for me, but I'm pleased that my scalp tolerates the tape/ glues and it doesn't really feel as if I have anything on my head.I think this is going to be my new life until one day (we can but hope) there is a real cellular cure which is not just for multi millionaires. It will come. Can't be too soon...