Temples, best hairloss for a transplant?

BABA

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking of getting a consultation with Armani for my receding temples.

Here is my situation. Both my temples are receding but the right on is much worse. Not to mention the fact that I have a cowlick that goes from left swooping right. I hate it, and it makes me feel like I have a mohawk looking from the right side. If I grow my hair out the middle gets so much higher making it look horrible due to the lack of temples. I am 25 years old and have always had slight receding temples but I never thought anything of it. Now they have gotten worse and it bothers me everyday. I have been on the big three for a year and feel my hair is stable right now with some small hair growth. The only problem I have is I have always worn my hair kind of short and spiky and now that is hard to do with the right temple moving in and up. I would just want a small procedure to fill it in. I am not looking to have a perfect hairline but I would like to get on with my life. I am worried about the scar which has me thinking for spending the hard cash on a fue.

I guess I am looking for advice. I have been reading on here for some time but wanted to get some insight by posting about my situation.

I also figure if in 10-15 years and hair loss keeps going HM will be out so it would all get filled in. I guess that is a huge chance of looking like a freak in the end. I just dont know what to do and am looking for some honest opinions. Maybe shaving it all the way bald is the answer, but I feel like it’s the giving up point making one feel naked to the world.

Any thoughts opinions appreciated. This is the hardest thing I have had to go through and I want to get through it one way or another.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Post some pics, I doubt that you need a hair transplant.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like its desperate for hair transplant yet. Could be as little as 1-2 yrs for HM so any way you can hold out the better.

If its really getting you down then think about the FUE if its only a limited area to fill and then you avoid the scar.

Wait as long as poss before hair transplant.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it bothers you then get a hair transplant. As long as you have a plan to sensibly use your available grafts and don't want a ridiculously low hairline then you will never end up looking like a freak even if HM doesn't materialize.

Your best option is to send some photos to some hair transplant surgeons for an online assessment.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Post them here first. Some surgeons out there would perform a hair transplant on anyone.

BABA

Reaction score
I will post some pics in a few days...

Anyways, will a hair transplant be noticable to others? Lets say I get a small procedure on temples and Fontal, will it be obvious that it is transplanted hair after it grows in? I would be looking to go to Armani since it is such a big thing to do.

Thanks again for all the help guys

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love how guys think HM is a slam dunk. Unbelievable.

BABA

Reaction score
IF you are referring to my statement that within 10-15 years HM will be out, sorry. I am not sure if it will work or not but I know I have plenty of donar hair so if things would get worse in 10-15 I would be ok without HM.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My temple hair transplant is undetectable, if you go to the right surgeon it should be fine.

Armani is good but there are others too, do plenty of research first.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
global said:
My temple hair transplant is undetectable, if you go to the right surgeon it should be fine.

Armani is good but there are others too, do plenty of research first.

How is your growth? You are coming up on a yr like me in July. Do you still have any late growth? I hear with FUE you can have growth from 9-18 months. Any pics?

TY

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BABA said:
IF you are referring to my statement that within 10-15 years HM will be out, sorry. I am not sure if it will work or not but I know I have plenty of donar hair so if things would get worse in 10-15 I would be ok without HM.

I hate to break the news to you but donor hair thins out also. The hair undergoes changes in the cycle also. If you believe some surgeons that say it is resistant to male pattern baldness....I have a bridge to sell you.

BABA

Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
BABA said:

I hate to break the news to you but donor hair thins out also. The hair undergoes changes in the cycle also. If you believe some surgeons that say it is resistant to male pattern baldness....I have a bridge to sell you.

Thats fine but I am sure with a minor surgury I will be just fine. Plus in 15 years new technology will be out....

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
BABA said:

I hope its not that one in Brooklyn, becuz I just bought it from someone else.

CHL24

Reaction score
Hi guys, I dont know if you read my story which has pics included (http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=37451)

anyway my hairloss doesnt get me down too much but I always seem preoccupied about my hairline and I must think about it atleast 5 times everyday which does begin to take it out of you abit.

I was thinking about getting a hair transplant done to address my hairline but every1 seems to think from reading posts on this board that my age (24) is too young for a hair transplant....

Ive been on propecia for like 11 months now and it has stabilised my hairloss (which was very slow to begin with as I've had a pronounced receeded hairline since i was 17/18 and I dont have any hairloss on my crown)....

Really I'm just askin for advise.... I know you say its good to be conservative with donor hair but I think having my hairline straightened out abit (even to a Norwood 2 - I dont think I would go for a full on juvenile look?) would do wonders for my confidence, and I know it sounds vain to say but I want to enjoy my hair in my 20's not start doing something about it in my 30s.... I dont know - what do you think ? :(

Luc

s.a.f

Reaction score
Can you post a pic so we can see how it really looks.
Maybe if you opted for F.U.E it would be better than commiting yourself to a scar.