Templemonk's Story - (25 / what Norwood am I? please tell me!!)

WhatYouEgg

Established Member
Reaction score
i have my doubts that even the crown is thinning. if you have fine, pin-straight asian hair and a cowlick, you're going to see scalp.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
front might be losing ground, but the crown is definitely intact.

Reaction score
TBH I cannot believe the reaction you have got on here from some of members....shocking. At your age I started to have exactly the same hairloss, you have definitely lost a tiny bit at the temples and a little on the crown (only you know the extent of the crown hairloss). I never did anything about mine and at my age now 29 I have a weaker crown area and have receeded quite a bit in both temple regions . If I had got on Propecia at that age I'm pretty sure it would have maintained my hairline longer and Im only just now about to start my battle at getting some back so you are doing the right think by being aware of it. Like another guy said, get it checked out and get it proven then take the best course of action, I wish you luck mate.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks and sorry for not keeping up with the thread. I had some big changes in my personal life and all. i'll post my current situation really really soon.

question: how do you change the settings so that i get notification thru my new email addresss when someone replies after my post?

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score
Looks like you are losing your hair, but you are in the earliest stages and have a lot of hair left. Your hair loss is very minor. I was like that about 10 years ago(age 22) and started freaking out, because my hair wasn't ultra thick anymore and my hairline receded a little bit. I got on Propecia, but I didn't stay on it. Probably should have though, though I still have a lot of hair, it's thinner than it was 10 years ago.

I would just stay on Minoxidil and Nizoral. Your case isn't severe enough where you should go mess with your hormones by taking Propecia. Just apply some minoxidil to your hairline and that little thinning spot. Some people would say not to do anything, but it's good to use the above products early on to prevent or delay more hair loss.

litcII

Reaction score
Whoa I can't believe how many rude comments were posted against this guy either. Everyone here seems to say start treatment early before its too late, and thats just what this guy is doing. I would say he has a bit of loss at the temples, and a bit of a receding hairline at the moment..

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score
ThinFineCurly said:
Looks like you are losing your hair, but you are in the earliest stages and have a lot of hair left. Your hair loss is very minor. I was like that about 10 years ago(age 22) and started freaking out, because my hair wasn't ultra thick anymore and my hairline receded a little bit. I got on Propecia, but I didn't stay on it. Probably should have though, though I still have a lot of hair, it's thinner than it was 10 years ago.

I would just stay on Minoxidil and Nizoral. Your case isn't severe enough where you should go mess with your hormones by taking Propecia. Just apply some minoxidil to your hairline and that little thinning spot. Some people would say not to do anything, but it's good to use the above products early on to prevent or delay more hair loss.
are you telling this guy to get on minoxidil? is this a joke? his vertex looks good, people with ultra straight hair usually its common to see a bald spot in the back , due to the straightness.

and his hair line looks fine

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score
astros148 said:
are you telling this guy to get on minoxidil? is this a joke? his vertex looks good, people with ultra straight hair usually its common to see a bald spot in the back , due to the straightness.

and his hair line looks fine

He already said he was on the big 3. It looks to me like he has some very slight receding in his hairline. I wasn't sure about the little bald spot on his crown, but why would he take and show pictures of his crown, unless he thought it was thinning? Photos like that can't really confirm positively that he has hair loss, but it looks to me like he has some. The OP knows what his hair has been like. He may have not had that spot before. Also I don't know what kind of monitor you have, but I have a pretty nice monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and it looks to me that it's hair loss. Very minor, but still hair loss. Some others have chimed in and think the same. Did you click on the photos to blow them up? Look at the hairs around that bald spot. They are finer than the rest of his hairs. Look at the diffuseness of areas on his hairline. Looks like minor hair loss to me. Finally, I told him to dump the Finasteride, since I don't think his hair loss warranted messing up his hormones. It's important to catch hair loss early. I freaked over 10 years ago when I noticed a change. Most people said I didn't have any hair loss, but I did... and it got a little worse. I should have stayed on Propecia and Rogaine. Nobody knows their hair better than themself. Some people say my hair is still fine. Look at the thread with my story. I have hairs all over my bathroom and sometimes they get on my keyboard and it's been happening for years. Even when people said my hair looked fine, I still had hair loss. You don't have to have huge thinning or bald spots to have hair loss. My hair loss started with all my hair turning fine. Then my hairline receded a little and it's thinned out gradually for 13-14 years! I started with very thick hair though.

If I were him I wouldn't worry too much about it since most people won't notice any hair loss, but I would stay on Nizoral and minoxidil to prevent more hair loss and maybe regrow some.