Temple hairpiece

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a hair piece to fill in the hair I've lost in my temples. I'm not a diffuse thinner so am not expecting my normal remaining hair to diffuse any time soon. I am still quite early in hairloss stages (Norwood 1.5) but over the last 15 months have lost a fair bit at the temples and want to fill some in before it gets too noticeable. I don't want to get a hair transplant for 2 reasons:

1. It's too expensive
2. I'm not convinced about the level of coverage.

Since I live in the UK I was wondering if anyone can recommend any good hair sites to order a piece to make up and apply myself. Or, should I attend a hair studio to have it done (some of their pieces look remarkable and virtually undetectable). How much should I be expected to pay? - I would probably only need 2-3 square inches per side.

Your help is much appreciated.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on guye, some responses would be nice...

Studio or home job?

Cost

Worth it - eg cool lifestyle or a pain in the arse?

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
Hmmm Norwood 1.5 bald? Dont know about that. No pics either. Your guess is as good as mine.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Point taken.

Give me some time and I'll take and upload pictures.

CCS

Reaction score
Toplace.com will give you it for $120 for a front partial, as they call them. For something that small, Coolpiece.com might do $100. The first one might only last 2 months, until you get good at maintaining it, then 4 months each.

If you craft the hairline right, you can look a LOT better. And since you will not be shaving it, but instead putting it on bare forehead, maintainance should be easy. Since it is in front you can see what you are doing.

Scrunch our forehead, and do not put it where the scrunches are. Stay above that, and draw in the best looking hairline possible. Fix the sides too for best effect.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers CCS,

I assume both those companies are happy to deliver to the UK?

How can I ensure I 'craft the hairline right'? I'm not entirely sure what that means. Do I email them an area of hair I need and they send it to me, or do they send me the hair and I craft it? I would have thought I'd need to send them a sample of my hair so they know what to send me back...

Is it held on with glue or some sort of vacuum and is this comfortable?

One other thing is - how do I go about getting a hair cut while wearing a front partial. I would assume my real hair needs to be kept the same length as my fake hair, and I just remove that while getting my hair cut.

Sorry for all the questions!

jahash

Reaction score
Farrell Hair make amazing pieces! I heard from a good source that a few A - B list celebs use them! I considering it

beemark

Reaction score
farrell's pieces ARE amazing. What is amazing is that their quality is mediocre (I've seen several of their pieces) and their prices are obscenely high.

You need to use either tape or liquid adhesive to attach. Consider sending a pic or 2 of yourself with your order to help the seller calculate your hair density.

CCS

Reaction score
OP, drill a small hole or something in one of your buzzer guards, so you remember which one it is. Use that to cut your piece to length. Then use it to cut your hair too. Very easy to get it right that way.

As for fading the sides, that can be complicated.

As for the hairline, draw lines, decide what looks good, then put tape on your forehead to make a template. Mail them the template. They will come close to matching it, though it is not perfect, and has pleats.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
are you kidding me? your hair is better than mine and you want a hairpiece, man no one will think your balding when you have an NW1.5, worry about getting a piece later...

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
norwood 1.5. No one will give you a hard time over that. Try growing a fringe long enough to hide you hairline recession if it really concerns you. No one will notice, it worked for me.