Temple Hair Loss ? Or Is It Normal?

Joshi jacob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there I’m 17 years old basically I’ve noticed I have less hair on side of my temple than the other can someone tell me if this is normal please ? I have thick hair as shown in picture and my dad has very good hair too but I’m just confused why I have less hair On one of my temples. Is my hairline receding?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 192

Joshi jacob

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what do u guys think? Is it just an Uneven hairline where I have less hair on side of temple than the other ? Maturing hairline ? Or reeceding ?

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kids these days...

Hair is fine, skin not so much. That kind of wear and tear is usually associated with middle age. 17 going on 45

pikthem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember first noticing my hair loss and it was when my widow peaks were exactly like that.

It might be the very start of male pattern baldness. It might also just be a maturing hair line. Most men do not have a straight hairline all of their lives. Some men lose the spots around the temples (the temples are so weak) and it never really progresses further. I would really just keep an eye on it and see how it develops. I remember when I first noticed some signs of losing hair, I immediately thought I'd be slick bald by 30. I'm 30 and I still have great hair.

If you're concerned about this and want to be actionable, there's not a lot to do at your age and there's nothing really worth trying to do (medically) at this super super very early stage. Eat healthy with lots of nuts and plants (getting vitamin E is good), no processed meats or refined carbs, brush your teeth, don't smoke. Don't go too hard at the gym. Are you taking creatine? If so I would stop that.

Go see a derm when you're 18.