Temple flaps — need opinions and pics

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum but been wearing lace systems for about 5 years. I’m rather happy with everything but being a perfectionist, the temple areas really get to me since I have weak temples

For many years, I wore a system which was more so straight across rather than a “V” shape peak. At the recommendation of my stylist, we changed to a V shape. I currently go very short on my back and sides when getting my haircut (like the characters of peaky blinders).

But I want to try a unit with temple flaps. The only thing stopping me is my stylist mentions they’re more obvious (given the angle) and harder to place.... can those of you with temple flaps provide some guidance and pics? All looks great when you look at me straight ahead... but from the side it looks odd when my hair begins to grow on the sides from being shaved down

Seems like the main choices are
1) don’t get temple flaps and keep the sides very short, almost skin exposed

2) leave the sides of the system long so you can use them to cover the temples

3) get temple flaps

would love to hear more from those who use the flaps and whether they cause any issues.
thanks

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should imagine they'd be quite hard to line up correctly. Most guys here, including myself, have topper hair systems which cover their balding area on top, but they still have hair on their back and sides. My temples are still intact, but I also have longer hair so it kinda covers that area anyway. I could not imagine the extra hassle of having to attach temple flaps too.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I should imagine they'd be quite hard to line up correctly. Most guys here, including myself, have topper hair systems which cover their balding area on top, but they still have hair on their back and sides. My temples are still intact, but I also have longer hair so it kinda covers that area anyway. I could not imagine the extra hassle of having to attach temple flaps too.
To my logic it makes the alignment easier. You align the temples and then the rest is correct automatically as well.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To my logic it makes the alignment easier. You align the temples and then the rest is correct automatically as well.

Well if that works for you then great! Whatever works I suppose. Actually I use the central parting on my hair system to help me line it up. I know if the parting is lined up as central as possible, then the system will be in the correct position horizontally. It's surprising the little things you figure out as you get more experience with hair systems.