Telogen Effluvium Through Ages 15-17?

Shkreli31

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/15336330644992082849828073977724-jpg.95215/

Just turned 17

Long story short, I've been iron deficient(15 ferritin) for a few years, that is being corrected
Recently lost quite a lot of weight(15 pounds, +/-5, through unhealthy dieting, I would sometimes go as low as 800-1000 calories, but usually I'd eat 1200 calories.
No receding of the hairline, I also have some thinning on the back of my head.
Telogen Effluvium, male pattern baldness, or else?

Shkreli31

My Regimen
Reaction score
My niece is from Shkreli, Albania and she sends her regards and effluvium brother
Hahaha nice, Albania is blessed land, I wish I was from there.

So you think it's telogen effluvium? I mean it makes sense, I suffered from this kind of odd hair loss since 13//14, after a year of bad eating habits, and was diagnosed iron deficient. Is patience the key? I think my hair is getting thicker. Should I be taking minoxidil in the situation that regrowth doesn't occur?

I plan to update this blog if any progress happens.

Zülfiqar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL, I suppose my hair will return in 7 years then.

Serious though, you think it's male pattern baldness?

I don't keep on the science as much as 99.9999% of the neurotics around here, so I don't know if there's good reason to believe there's a connection between iron deficiency and temporary hair loss, but since you said you're treating your deficiency, I'd wait to see how that plays out. It doesn't seem unlikely that iron deficiency (iron affecting the quality of one's hair and nails) plus undernourishment (800-1000 calories is very low for a 17 year old boy) could cause your hair to fall off. Eat more + get your iron levels up and take it from there. I wouldn't assume you're permanently fucked already.

Zülfiqar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My niece is from Shkreli, Albania and she sends her regards and effluvium brother

Hahaha nice, Albania is blessed land, I wish I was from there.

So you think it's telogen effluvium? I mean it makes sense, I suffered from this kind of odd hair loss since 13//14, after a year of bad eating habits, and was diagnosed iron deficient. Is patience the key? I think my hair is getting thicker. Should I be taking minoxidil in the situation that regrowth doesn't occur?

I plan to update this blog if any progress happens.

Kosova je Albanija

Shkreli31

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't keep on the science as much as 99.9999% of the neurotics around here, so I don't know if there's good reason to believe there's a connection between iron deficiency and temporary hair loss, but since you said you're treating your deficiency, I'd wait to see how that plays out. It doesn't seem unlikely that iron deficiency (iron affecting the quality of one's hair and nails) plus undernourishment (800-1000 calories is very low for a 17 year old boy) could cause your hair to fall off. Eat more + get your iron levels up and take it from there. I wouldn't assume you're permanently fucked already.

Thanks for your input. I think you're right as I feel as if I've been seeing some light regrowth, or maybe I'm just delusional lol. Either way, I'm going to take progress pictures 2x/month to observe this. Doctors told me it was due to Telogen Effluvium, but for some reason I just don't trust them. I wish a healthcare expert like Martin Shkreli could guide and reassure me.

Zülfiqar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I think you're right as I feel as if I've been seeing some light regrowth, or maybe I'm just delusional lol. Either way, I'm going to take progress pictures 2x/month to observe this. Doctors told me it was due to Telogen Effluvium, but for some reason I just don't trust them. I wish a healthcare expert like Martin Shkreli could guide and reassure me.

I bet Skhreli and the crack team at Turin Pharmaceuticals were developing a drug to permanently eradicate hair loss -- since as we know, the profits from daraprim sales were being funneled directly into R&D, per Shkreli himself -- and he got too close, so they had to take him out. The finasteride lobby is very powerful. Shkreli is a martyr.

Slobodan dos Santos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet Skhreli and the crack team at Turin Pharmaceuticals were developing a drug to permanently eradicate hair loss -- since as we know, the profits from daraprim sales were being funneled directly into R&D, per Shkreli himself -- and he got too close, so they had to take him out. The finasteride lobby is very powerful. Shkreli is a martyr.
Anti-Albanian sentiment in the FDA smh they are keeping the Albanoid man down

#freeshkreli

Shkreli31

My Regimen
Reaction score

#freeshkreli