Telogen Effluvium recovery

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
would anyone know how long it may take hair that was lost during a Telogen Effluvium shed to recover? how early can it be noticeable? any info would be appreciated.. thanks

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
i take it the hair you lost from starting finasteride when your hairline was intact...havent sprouted as yet...t.e sheds take 6 months to 1 year to grow.

its really weird..in my case...the hair i lose just doesnt grow back...there isnt any miniturization..the hair just vanishes never to return again. in these past 4 years that i've been shedding (which i considered normal sheds, didnt know it was male pattern baldness)...i never once saw a hair that was growing....or a vellus hair..didnt even know what a vellus hair was till i registered at this website.

are you still shedding jfrank?...and are you still on finasteride?

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if i am still shedding.. probably not... but my hairline does seem to be worse than it has ever been.... But the rapid shed i had the first months has df slowed down... i really want to go back to my pre-propecia hairline.. i even wouldnt mind it is was a little thinner... that's my i asked the Telogen Effluvium recovery question...

for me, the difference is unbeleivable.. how a hairline can go to sh*t so quickly..

i'm still on finasteride.... on my 4.5 month.. will check back after the 6th month....

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fact of the matter is, noone knows how long Telogen Effluvium recovery can take.
Any website will tell you that the symptoms can persist for as long as the underlying problem goes unadressed.
So whose to really say when it will grow back. Once you f*** up your hair growth cycle, you really f*** it up. And even if you dont have male pattern baldness, i think it could still take an unspecified amount of time if you have recurring problems going on in your life or whatnot

oh and if it is Telogen Effluvium, propecia wont do a damn thing..
My Doctor said I could try minoxidil to try to "push" these hairs that got fucked up from Telogen Effluvium out, and get them back in the right cycle quicker..So minoxidil might be helpful in waking them up sooner than they would have if left on their own to cycle normally again

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
i went from a straight hairline to the M shape within 2 weeks....in these summers, right after my exams ended. and now, after the finasteride shed, the hair on my front is so thin that i cant style it anymore, no style works for me. and i cannot shave my head, that is simply not an option. this shed has still not ended and for the first time i'm losing nothing but thin hair from the back... i dont know if thats normal but since i took finasteride a month ago, whenever i take my hand through the hair on the back of my head i've seen nothing but miniturized hair!...in fact!...there seems to be more miniturized hair on my back than anywhere else!!...it actually feels as if finasteride has miniturized them lol (not possible) since i've never seen a vellus hair before starting trreatment in 4 years..

Mickey

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive had Telogen Effluvium now since last November it started to get better with regrowth throughout my scalp which is still there but ive had a relapse with my stress my scalp has started to burn over the past few weeks due to the stress and now i can easily pull a clump of 5-8 hairs from all over my scalp top back and sides. :cry: on mild anti depressents now to help deal with the stress

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wonder what the end results of these stories were...